MMP Consultancy are working with a fantastic organisation to recruit Neighbourhood Officer to join them on a fixed term basis, based in Kent.
* Manage tenancies across all tenures to provide excellent tailored services that sustain tenancies and make best use of our homes.
* Tailor new customers relationships according to need, maintaining the most appropriate ongoing contact with customers to enable them to understand and fulfil the expectations of their tenancy agreement.
* Make the best use of our homes by supporting customers to be in the right home whether through use of registers, mutual exchanges, transfers, decants and under-occupation.
* Help customers to understand their responsibilities as tenants and how to sustain their tenancy.
* Build safe communities with proactive and consistent service delivery to reduce and respond to reports of anti-social behaviour, hate crime, domestic abuse, safeguarding and other tenancy breaches.
* Undertake appropriate activities to prepare cases for legal action and deliver successful outcomes on legal cases for the organisation.
* Manage environments where we have homes and identify new opportunities to improve estate and scheme conditions to create places where people want to live.
* Provide technical and professional housing/tenancy management advice.
* Effectively audit homes to identify and prevent tenancy fraud.
* Promote and signpost tenants to opportunities for training and employment to meet their aspirations and maximise their income in support of our Income Protection and Financial Well Being strategies.
* Build and maintain partnerships with internal and external customer, statutory agencies and referral-based services to support excellent local area delivery.
* Continuously support the development and use of ICT to provide an efficient, modern and responsive service to customers.
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit an Internal Communications Partner on a Fixed Term basis, based in Kent.
As an Internal Communications Partner you will plan, deliver and evaluate the internal communications elements of the communications and marketing strategy and to work collaboratively with colleagues and teams to maximise the opportunities for staff to engage, the strength of internal communications channels. This includes managing the delivery of core internal messages, campaigns, and projects.
* Support the Head of Communications and Marketing with the development of an internal communications plan and being responsible for its implementation through an annual work plan, aligned to the current communications and marketing strategy.
* Plan and deliver an internal communications review, which will support the re-procurement of the Clients intranet and further improvement plans for channels and tactics outlined in the current communications and marketing strategy.
* Develop and deliver core campaigns to support ongoing business improvement across various workstreams, including the ways of working and IT programmes.
* Understand how internal communications impacts different teams, develop strategies to identify and engage some of the hardest to reach groups of staff in the organisation and increase their involvement in communications and engagement activities.
* Experience of delivering communications and marketing functions in an organisation, including marketing and behaviour change campaigns delivered to an OASIS, ROSIE, or equivalent campaign framework standard.
* Able to build rapport, collaborate, and influence a diverse range of stakeholders, including senior management.
* Excellent writing and proofing skills
* Good technical skills, including experience using MS Office, Teams, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite.
MMP are seeking a dedicated Minibus Driver on a permanent basis to join our esteemed private school in the beautiful Kent Countryside.
If you are a responsible driver with a commitment to safety please apply within.
I am looking for a Disrepair Investigator on a long-term temporary basis based in Kent.
* Investigate and manage disrepair claims
* Collate information required inline with the Disrepair Protocol
* To assist in identifying issues requiring a management input to ensure that effective solutions are developed and implemented.
* To work with the business partners to drive delivery of key performance indicators.
* To assist in identifying trends through analysis and reporting
* To participate actively in, taking responsibility for ensuring the delivery of service.
* Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure the works identified are completed in a timely manner
* Identify trends through analysis and reporting for disrepair claims, EPA claims, complaints, customer satisfaction and insurance claims
* Experience of working in a Housing Association
* Excellent communication skills including written, oral and interpersonal
* Ability to convey important messages through good presentation skills (oral, numerical and written)
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines