MMP is committed to developing a culture of environmental awareness and making ‘green’ attitudes an integral part of MMP’s ethos. The Company recognises and understands the importance of protecting the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to minimising the impact that running our business has on the environment and we encourage our clients, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
The Company is aware that our business activities result in: the use of energy and water, the generation of waste, transport emissions. and we will comply with all relevant legislative, regulatory and other environmental requirements in order to act in a socially responsible manner and we will strive to continuously improve our environmental performance.
The company will endeavour to reduce its consumption of paper and encourage recycling by:
- Utilising electronic means of communication and data recording where possible
- Developing technology for customers and staff to reduce reliance on paper, for example, online applications have reduced the need for sending paper CVs. Self‐billing for suppliers has reduced the need for paper invoices and we now use Electronic Timesheets, E-Ordering, E-Invoicing and E-Payslips to become a paperless office.
- Using both sides of a sheet of paper where possible, for example, in the production of reports, printed forms, when photocopying etc.
- Using 100% recycled paper or paper with a high recycled content, wherever possible
- Keeping address lists up to date so that materials are not wasted by circulation to people who do not need or want them
- Ordering printed materials in moderation, so that waste is minimised when material has to be updated. The introduction of programmed review dates for materials assists this process
- Placing re-cycling bins at convenient places around the office to encourage the recycling of paper
- Committed to a monthly donation to The Woodland Trust to plant trees, the donation is worked out on how many placements are made during the month.
The company will endeavour to reduce energy consumption by:
- Making the best use of natural light
- Using energy efficient light bulbs
- Turning off lights that are not required and making use of “presence sensors” in service areas such as toilets and kitchens
- Ensuring that power saving features on personal computers are activated, that monitors are turned off when employees are not at their desk and that all the components of the PC are turned off on finishing work.
- The company will endeavour to minimise the impact its operations have on the environment by encouraging the use of more efficient means of transport than the motor car by:-
- Offering Zoom or Teams meetings to our clients if this would be a preferable option to our clients
- Encouraging the use of public transport by visitors, wherever possible, by locating company premises near to public transport routes and publicising such routes
- Encouraging the use of public transport by employees travelling on company business
- Encouraging the use of less or non-polluting transport to work by employees, for example, by providing secure bicycle stands and motor-cycle parking and car sharing schemes
- Acquisition of fuel-efficient motor vehicles for company business.
- Flexible working arrangement reduces our carbon footprint by a minimum of 560.8 miles per week, nearly 30,000 miles per year and 7183 KG CO2 per year.
The company commits to ensuring that all staff members have access to the Environmental Policy via the intranet and circulate updates of the policy when changes to the policy occur. Details of the policy form part of the induction process for all new employees.
Alastair Maynard will be responsible for implementing the above objectives, reviewing progress and continuously updating this policy as necessary. The Company will review this policy periodically and publish the results.