MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Senior Property Services Officer (Repairs) on a temporary basis working for a housing association based in Croydon.
To work alongside the Asset Manager on the development and continuous improvement of all aspects of the property service teams repairs & maintenance function.
This will be a temporary position paying £30.74 per hour Umbrella.
* Provide a high quality, efficient, effective, and compliant office management administration service for the repairs function of the property services team.
* Monitor repairs contracts and contractors' data daily to ensure the delivery of excellent services that demonstrates that both quality and value for money is being delivered.
* Ensure WIP is managed to deliver SLA's to customers.
* To ensure robust contractor performance management which includes leading on meetings such as the high-profile jobs meeting and the Jeopardy and overdue jobs review meeting each week.
* Develop, implement, and manage robust administrative and clerical procedures including but not limited to contract administration, internal administration, invoicing, budget management, and data management.
* Develop, implement, and manage effective liaison with residents and contractors through various forums to assist the Asset Manager in delivering services that are designed against resident demand and meet departmental targets.
* Ensure that data entry for the Housing Management system, compliancy databases and asset database is accurate and timely so that records are fully maintained and constantly up to date.
* Review, interpret and challenge technical information supplied by third parties.
* Attend contract meetings and where required produce accurate and technical minutes.
* Audit, understand and interpret contractors' invoices ensuring charges are accurate and manage invoice disputes when they arise to ensure that the organisation is delivering value for money (VFM) and complying with corporate payment terms.
* Authorisation of invoices in accordance with standing orders and budgets, including service chargeable costs.
* Develop and maintain excellent file management of paper based and electronic systems and ensure property data is regularly and routinely input into the Property Services electronic database including but not limited to emails, contractor reports, quotes, and meeting notes.
* To plan the aims, objectives and priorities of the work area and communicate/delegate these effectively
* Provide excellent leadership by helping, motivating, and developing the team to deliver and perform to a high standard.
* To provide clear guidance, instruction, advice or coaching for team members.
* To manage, report and monitor team and individual performance, adhering to procedure for one-to-one reviews and appraisals.
* Proven track record and a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar repairs and maintenance role
* Excellent customer services skills with experience of efficiently and effectively handling customer enquiries and complaints either verbally, written (inc. email) or face to face. (A/I)
* Experienced in delivering the successful contract management of responsive repairs contracts.
* Knowledge of the statutory requirements for a property services team operating in the social housing sector
* A good level of knowledge of building systems, construction practices, related code/legislative requirements, and contract administration
* Knowledge of landlord's compliancy requirements and processes regarding Asbestos, Electrical, Gas Safety, Water Hygiene
* Able to interpret and understand building services reports and data
* Minimum 4 GCSEs Grade A-C or equivalent including English and Mathematics
* Good IT skills including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Projects, MS Reports and Asset Management Databases such as Estate Pro
* Good standard of numeracy and literacy
Title: Senior Property Services Officer (Repairs)
Salary: £30.74 Umbrella