MMP is currently looking for a new Building Safety Surveyor to join one of my clients in East of England Area. This Opportunity would be on a permanent contract paying £49,535 (DOE) Car allowance inc within Salary.
About the Role:
The Building Safety Team (BST) delivers circa £18m of FRA works within a range of environments, including residential, care and leasehold sectors.
The Building Safety Surveyor (BSS) will be accountable and will manage a range of local and regional projects to ensure that our client meet all applicable regulatory and statutory requirements for the delivery of fire risk remediation works and associated building safety works.
The BSS will manage the delivery of fire door surveys and compartmentation surveys and work with colleagues in IT and the Health and Safety to ensure our client understands the risks inherent in its buildings around fire. The BSS will support the wider BST in managing the Pronotfoms app with contractor and client feedback to C365 The BSS will work closely in colleagues in the Health and Safety Team who will be undertaking Fire Risk Assessments to the our clients portfolio.
The BSS will have training and sector recognised training, experience, and competencies to undertake compartmentation surveys and fire door surveys to our clients homes.
* A sound understanding, in depth knowledge and experience of relevant current building practices and legislation (FRA) including Health & Safety at Work Act, Building Regulations, Party Wall Act, Workplace Regulations, CDM, Asbestos regulations, RRFSO and British and European Standards
* A sound understanding, knowledge and experience of Section 20 and leasehold requirements.
* A sound understanding, knowledge and experience of budgetary management across multiple projects/contracts
* A sound understanding, knowledge and experience of management of CDM projects across a variety of work types
* A sound understanding, in depth knowledge and experience of project and contract management
* A sound understanding, in depth knowledge and experience of effective, robust performance management of suppliers and contractors
* Best practice collaboration and lean delivery.
* Degree level qualification
* Project Management in qualification (Prince 2 or equivalent) desirable
* FDIS & IFI qualification
* Relevant qualification in surveying/ building construction.
Job Title: Building Safety Surveyor
Location: East Of England
MMP Consultancy are currently recruiting for an Regional Site Manager with a construction / electrical background to join a national contractor working as part of a growing national UK projects team on a permanent basis paying between £45,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience. This role will be covering Southern Regions of England.
As the Regional Site Manager you will take responsibility for projects from the delivery to commissioning phases. You will attend MOD sites on an almost full time basis and chair weekly progress meetings with clients and suppliers.
* Provide regular onsite presence, acting as project lead across a variety of disciplines.
* Being responsible for the full delivery of Health and Safety protocols, including but not limited to updating the onsite Project File and H&S Documentation, Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), audits, inductions, permits and event reporting.
* Reviewing proposed drawings and scope of work documents, managing works on site and updating documentation with changes as/when they occur.
* Advise clients and design teams on risk and cost implications, proposing appropriate risk reduction measures.
* Build and maintain strong client & Supplier relationships throughout each stage of the project.
* Provide Procurement, Contract Administration, Cost Reporting and Final Account services on behalf of MML for all projects assigned to you.
* Ensures commissions are managed and completed efficiently, on time and to the client's satisfaction.
* Complete regular SHEQ audits for each of your projects
* Delivery of project outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards
* Complete site condition and progress assessments, reporting position to relevant parties.
* Proven experience in delivering design and construction projects for a diverse client range.
* Experienced of working with construction Health and Safety Regulations and Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
* Experienced and confident at Procurement, Contract Administration, Cost and Health and Safety Reporting.
* Excellent IT Skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications, including SharePoint, MS Teams, MS Projects and Common Data Environments (CDE).
* Understanding of a variety of projects, predominantly Commercial, Government, and Defence experience would be advantageous.
* Effective problem solver with the ability to own and solve problems and work under their own initiative.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to lead on collaboration with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders.
* Working remotely on site, travelling from one site to the next with the ability to work away on a regular basis.
* Security clearance will be required for this role (minimum BPSS).
* IOSH Health and Safety Qualified
* Minimum 5 years professional experience within a construction management discipline.
* First Aid Trained (3 day course)
* Principal Design Awareness course
* NEBOSH Health and Safety Qualified
MMP Consultancy is currently sourcing for Voids Surveyor for an initial interim contract with a Public-Sector organisation in Hertfordshire.
Working within social housing to manage Voids duties including Minor and Major works. Holding high standards of quality, time and value for money.
Title: Voids Surveyor
Salary: £38 per hour - Inside IR35 (36 hours per week)
Contract: Rolling Contract
* Delivery of Voids service, being able to inspect properties and create specifications of works which is fit for purpose for tenants.
* Ensure contractor engagement and management in the delivery of works provided.
* Post inspection of works complete to guarantee a good quality of service.
* Deliver fit-for-purpose, safe, and good-quality properties to tenants on behalf of the social housing entity.
* Prioritise tenants with value for money and efficient delivery of work.
* Provide a defect-free period of at least 6 months after work.
* Manage the auditable and compliance information required, ensuring the system is completely updated and all invoices are paid when appropriate.
* Work with partners to set, coordinate, track, and ensure completion of voids with other services to get things done for the customer that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
* Dealing with unacceptable contractor performance ensuring all issues are remedied.
* Maintain up-to-date records and provide monthly statistical and qualitative information to the Voids and Maintenance Manager in respect of service performance indicators and progress against targets and budgets. Attending contractors' monitoring meetings as required to give performance feedback.
* Ensure records are kept up to date and information circulated to all relevant stakeholders including contractors, Lettings, Property Services, Housing Needs, Neighbourhood Services, Rent Accounting, Adaptations and Regeneration teams.
* HNC, HND, BTEC HND or higher, in a building discipline, or over 5 years of hands-on experience in related repairs surveying/ construction from a trade background.
* Relative experience of building maintenance in a local authority or other registered social landlord.
* Experience of working to strict deadlines within a busy multi-agency setting
* Experience in the management and administration of domestic building repairs
* Demonstrable experience of controlling costs expenditure of maintenance works
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Contracts Manager (Voids) to join a local authority based in East Devon.
This will be a permanent position paying £41,418 - £48,474 per annum plus benefits