MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Compliance Surveyor (Asbestos and Radon) to join a local authority based in East Devon.
This will be a permanent position paying £40,221 per annum plus benefits
To ensure the Council is meeting all regulation with regards to compliance of the Councils housing stock. To manage all contractors in relation to compliance (specific to this role asbestos & radon) and liaise and oversee all areas of the housing service in achieving all health and safety legislation in relation to this.
- To provide regular assurance reports for Senior Managers covering all areas of performance, processes, procedures, and statutory compliance responsibilities in relation to asbestos & radon.
- Undertake site visits as required to inspect and verify compliance in relation to asbestos & radon.
- Ensure that robust, accurate and well-maintained systems, processes, and record keeping are in place for all aspects of asbestos and radon management.
- Proactively identify and manage risks that may impact on any area of compliance, ensuring that the Compliance & Cyclical Servicing Manager is appropriately informed.
- Assist the Compliance & Cyclical Servicing Manager in the provision of operational performance information, reports, advice, and guidance to ensure optimum performance in relation to the housing service.
- Support the development of reports and KPI monitoring for asbestos management and radon with regular reporting to the Compliance & Cyclical Servicing Manager
- To procure services or works in relation to asbestos & radon management, to include identifying programmes of work, drafting specifications & tender documentation, procurement, tender analysis, awarding the contract and contract management.
- Manage the asbestos register, be responsible for recording and updating the Council's systems to include removals and ensuring the information is cascaded as appropriate.
- Pro-actively assist in the education of tenants and build awareness around the risks associated with all areas of compliance within their homes.
- Assist in surveying dwellings for assessment of hazards using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, including analysing stock condition data
- To adhere to the requirements of the CDM Regulations and any other legal requirements relating to repairs, maintenance and improvement works to the housing stock. This includes current UK planning and building regulations.
- Assist the Compliance & Cyclical Servicing Manager in the investigation and management of near miss incidents, accidents and RIDDOR incidents as and when necessary and ensure the Council comply with all health and safety law, encourage learning from such events and implement changes to process and procedure as necessary.
- Ensure contractors work safely and within the Health and Safety Requirements of the Council. Carrying out regular toolbox talks and audit checks on contractors and ensuring their training in relation to asbestos is up to date.
- Help to update the Council's Stock Survey records held by the team, using existing property databases.
- Deal with general correspondence concerning property matters in relation asbestos & radon.
- Ensure best practice & compliance with the Building Safety Act in relation to asbestos.
- Assist in advancing tenant participation and involvement to ensure that tenants and leaseholders influence the management and maintenance of their homes.
- Make sure that Property and Asset Team offers a customer focused service using systems thinking principles.
- Support the Council's approach to equalities and diversity ensuring that our services and policies identify, address, and promote the needs of our diverse community. This includes the need for safety of children and other vulnerable people.
- Take personal responsibility for the relevant aspects of the Council's Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with the Council's policies, Code of Conduct and Constitution.
- Evaluate and assist in managing risk within the service.