MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Specialist Housing Officer on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
To deliver an enhanced tenancy and estate management service which continually improves the quality of life and satisfaction with services for older & vulnerable residents & maximises the opportunity to co-ordinate and work with key partners and stakeholders.
This will be on a temporary basis paying £24.96 per hour Umbrella.
Deliver a comprehensive enhanced housing management service to help residents maintain their tenancy and ensure they are able to access and receive a range of housing and support services.
Work as part of a specialist team working with older and vulnerable customers and as such be responsible for identifying ways to develop and continuously improve the service.
The post holder must always follow appropriate guidelines and procedures to ensure the Council provides the appropriate level of service in the most efficient manner.
Complete systematic monitoring and inspection of sheltered housing schemes to provide secure, clean and well maintained communal areas and services including ensuring residents needs are taken into account for planned maintenance.
Report and monitor completion of household repairs for residents less able to do so and co-ordinate / deploy a handy person to provide a more accessible and tailored service.
Facilitate and promote social activities within the scheme and co-ordinate the use of communal lounge and guest room to enhance the quality of life for residents.
Manage the rehousing process including working with the void works team in property services to get the property into works and receive the property back once works are complete, to carry out viewings and sign up new and transferring tenants.
Deliver a tenancy management service tailored to the needs of sheltered housing residents, including the signing up of new tenancies and enabling residents to effect changes to tenancies including successions, name changes etc…..
Identify breaches of tenancy, such as anti-social behaviour, illegal occupancy or sub-letting, and raise these with the sheltered housing manager who will direct investigations. Furthermore, to identify tenancies which should be brought to an end, and to alert the sheltered housing manager that a notice to quit should be considered, or to assist tenants or next of kin on how to end their tenancy.
Ensure the effective resettlement of new customers into vacant homes providing information about scheme facilities, tenancy related matters and local services to maximise customer satisfaction.
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to equal opportunity, customer care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace.
* Evidence of success in promoting equal opportunities through innovative, integrated and client/community focused service provision.
* Evidence of a clear understanding of all aspects of enhanced housing management and an ability to demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
* An understanding and knowledge of housing and other relevant legislation and regulatory framework within housing.
* Knowledge of dealing with safeguarding issues to ensure alerts are made efficiently and sensitively
* Experience of working in a customer facing service and dealing sensitively and effectively with customer issues, specifically with older and vulnerable customers
* Experience of working within a performance management framework and reporting on KPIs and outcomes
* An understanding of assistive technologies and operations, for example falls detectors, medication alerts, flood sensors.
* Ability to use information and communications technology to maintain up to date information and retrieve information quickly and accurately to help customers.
Title: Specialist Housing Officer
Salary: £24.96 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Neighbourhood Services Manager of on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
To lead and manage the Neighbourhood Services team in delivery of a value for money area neighbourhood service, that supports residents to live in safe and sustainable communities and improves resident satisfaction and quality of life and opportunity.
This will be on a temporary basis paying £301.34 per day.
* Manage the performance and development of the neighbourhood services teams, ensuring that all team members have clear objectives and targets, regular reviews and feedback and personal development plans in order to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
* Oversee and lead the effective and appropriate enforcement of tenancy terms and conditions, including the detection and prevention of illegal occupancy, to reduce costs and sustain and improve the quality of life for residents.
* Oversee and lead the effective and appropriate enforcement of lease terms and conditions, including detection and enforcement of unauthorised alterations to properties and the creation of unauthorised HMOs.
* Deliver an effective approach to anti-social behaviour in own area of responsibility which is well understood and leads to appropriate case management and corrective action so that behaviour is redirected in positive directions and the quality of life an opportunity for residents is improved.
* Oversee a programme of quarterly estate inspections that leads to the maintenance of excellent standards, offers opportunities to improve estates and services and delivers a cleaner, greener and safer environment to improve quality of life.
* To take the strategic lead for the void management process for Housing Services, identifying areas of underperformance and recommending changes to bring performance in line with performance targets, to ensure that loss of income from void properties is minimised and income is maximised.
* Oversee the delivery of a high quality, responsive reception service, working closely with property services and contractors, to ensure that customers' needs service standards are met and customer satisfaction is continuously improved.
* Budget and control expenditure, including devolved responsibility for a number of account budgets, deliver ways to improve value for money by reducing costs, improving the use of existing budgets and reviewing and increasing efficiency and effectiveness. To assist the head of neighbourhood services with the budget management process and oversee ordering and invoice processing to achieve value for money for the neighbourhood team.
* Deliver a service which promotes equality and diversity by giving equal and fair access and the identification and resolution of perceived or real inequalities.
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace
* Educated to degree level or trained and qualifies in housing and /or management, or sufficient experience to demonstrate ability
* Experience of managing neighbourhood housing in a social housing environment and dealing successfully with the challenges to which this can give rise.
* Track record of successfully managing a team to drive effective performance and service and establishing a positive performance culture.
* The ability to translate strategic objectives into operational plans
* Experience of successfully managing a voids and re-housing service to maximise income.
* A track record of budget management and assessing and managing risk.
* Proven success in developing effective working relationships, partnerships with other agencies and communicating with and influencing others.
* A good understanding and knowledge of housing and other relevant legislation and regulatory framework which governs housing and case law.
* Evidence of a clear understanding of all aspects of neighbourhood services, including estate management, tenancy management and customer services
Title: Neighbourhood Services Manager
Salary: £301.34 per day
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Assistant Director of Housing Hub on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
* Build and maintains effective services, ensuring tenant satisfaction is at the heart of continuous improvement in Housing.
* Develop the full range of managerial and professional skills and knowledge to satisfy the requirements of the post.
* Support and develop partnership working, including acting as an effective ambassador and advocate across the Council and with external organisations.
* Be fully conversant with relevant statutory provisions and take a strategic view of the Council's constitution, processes, and procedures.
* Ensure timely and relevant advice and information is given to Members generally and build effective working relationships with the Leader and relevant Portfolio Holders.
* Take individual and collective professional responsibility for championing the Council's diversity agenda, proactively implementing initiatives which secure equality of access and outcomes and commit to continually developing personal understanding of diversity.
* Be prepared to attend evening and weekend meetings (e.g. committees & events within the borough) and from time to time work hours required to meet pressing deadlines that may exceed contracted hours.
* To support the business to deliver the proposed future structure and operating model for housing services to ensure efficiency and contribute towards the overall HRA savings/income target by April 2025.
* HRA Budget Management Work closely with Finance and Economy colleagues to ensure that HRA income, spending and efficiencies is suitably forecasted, and that necessary savings are prioritised and made.
* Ensure alignment to MTFS and support the HRA budget task and finish group.
* Project manage the most substantial lines including service charge equalisation, renegotiated internal charges, and fundamental review of capitalisation.
* Ensure that full briefing and deliverability on service charge equalisation is available.
* Ensure consultancy advice on efficiency opportunities from the savings plan is aligned to the delivery plan Housing Management
* To support the business to review out-of-hours contract arrangements to eliminate failure demand and to provide a more reassuring and responsive service.
* Act as lead for the developing programme providing assurance and advice on rents and service charges and the wider HRA savings management piece and delivery against actions arising from Cabinet and Board discussions.
* Asset Management/ Capital Programme
* To work with the Director of Housing Transformation to ensure there is a co-ordinated approach across the housing service to the development and delivery of a 10-year plan.
* Housing repairs complaints management and wider enquiry handling across Economy
* Risk assessment of new backlog workflow and associated management system
* To be Housing's Strategic Lead and champion for high-quality Internal Audits, including planning, coordination, and supporting training for Housing Services.
* Support running of Ombudsman Board and Housing Taskforce.
Skills & Abilities:
* Educated to at least first-degree level or equivalent experience.
* Significant experience leading design and delivery of complex corporate policy that align and support organisational strategy.
* Expert understanding of the key issues facing local government, the wider public sector and partners and of local, regional and national policy.
* Ideally experience of working with enterprise-level PMO or demonstrable ability to become a leading expert for the Council.
* Strong leadership skills and experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams, identifying priorities, objectives, timescales and resources and be responsible for its performance and outputs.
* Demonstrable ability to influence senior stakeholders across a matrixed managed organisation, building strong relationships across organisational boundaries to drive change.
* Driven and self-motivated to complete work to deadlines and independently while also being integral to the team.
* Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to analyse information and data to present complex information and recommendations clearly.
Title: Assistant Director of Housing HUB
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Head of Homelessness Prevention & Assessment on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
To ensure, through appropriate strategic governance & operational leadership that the service meets the current and future business needs of the council statutory and non-statutory service provision for the services.
This will be on a temporary basis paying £602.64 per day.
* Responsible for working closely with the Assistant Director, Housing Management to deliver continuous service improvement, transformation and innovation and identification of developmental opportunities.
* Good people management and leadership skills who is self-motivated to provide line management and strategic direction to managers directly managed and have responsibility for the services, carrying out annual appraisals, 1:1s, training and development needs and SMART objective setting in line with Corporate and Departmental procedures.
* Manage the overall workload, staffing, financial and other resources of the service to ensure the most effective use of resources consistent with Council policy and priorities and relevant legislation.
* Administer, by authority of the Council through the Scheme of Delegation, all functions, duties and powers under housing legislation and relevant caselaw, as they relate to homelessness and housing needs including assessment and reviews.
* To analyse and report on performance in accordance with statutory and non-statutory services KPI's and LPI's linked to Service and Departmental Business Plan. Set and manage the achievement of service targets as set out in the current Service Plans for the areas responsible for and Service Level Agreements and operational performance targets.
* Lead on strategic management of the Council's Housing Register, developing service models to deliver a fair and transparent process, contributing to housing policy and procedures.
* Lead on needs assessment and complex cases panels, including the risk assessment of ex-offenders for public protection and re-housing under welfare guidelines.
* Achieve satisfactory quality in all aspects of the service's work by ensuring that all staff adhere to procedures, policies and practices and that adequate numbers of staff are deployed to maintain a safe, effective and efficient service at all times.
* Ensure that residents' and customers' confidentiality is maintained at all times and that policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to ensuring that services are administratively sound and comply with GDPR requirements
* Responsible for monitoring expenditure with regard to the service's cost centres and other budgets in line with the Council's financial procedures and standing orders.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining an understanding of the business dynamics and issues facing housing, adult social care and children's services in order to recommend proactive and appropriate front of house solutions.
* Work strategically with the management board and other senior managers to develop appropriate plans that anticipate and respond to organisational changes and ensure that current and future business needs are reflected in policies and procedures.
* Responsible for working closely with the Assistant Director, Housing Management to monitor opportunities for continuous improvement, transformation and innovation and identification of developmental gaps
* Create and maintain effective partnerships with departments and external stakeholder agencies and organisations.
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace.
* Good understanding of the key issues facing local government, the wider public sector and partners and of local, regional and national policy
* Experience of working in a fast-paced housing management department
* Ability to work across multiple teams and to deliver transformation and service improvement projects.
* Resident focus on delivering excellent Homelessness Prevention & Assessment services face to face, telephone, email, and written correspondence.
* Experience of working with senior management team, councilors, executive directors, external stakeholders, and partnership organisations
* Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with council departments and external voluntary community partners to deliver positive outcomes for residents
* Effectively able to plan and prioritise workload and working to deadlines.
* Good organisational skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines and manage projects
* Robust governance arrangements, processes, risks & issues management and financial information
Title: Head of Homelessness Prevention & Assessment
Salary: £602.64 per day