MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Housing Assistant on a temporary basis working for a local authority based in Hammersmith.
To assist with the development and delivery of a tenancy and estate management service which achieves compliance with the terms of tenancy and lease conditions, builds effective relationships with residents, increases resident satisfaction and quality of life, gives people pride in our estates & improves value for money.
This will be a temporary position paying £22.99 per hour Umbrella.
* Provide a high quality support service to the tenancy management teams, including housing officers and team managers in all aspects of housing management. This may include assisting the tenancy management teams with a range of housing management functions including estate inspections, progressing fire risk assessment recommendations, tenancy verification checks, ASB management, management of sheds, research, letter writing and filing.
* Support tenant and resident associations with administration, for example, photo copying.
* Operate a variety of recording and monitoring systems including computerised and manual appointment systems.
* Attend home visits, meetings, events and conferences as required. Some of these may be outside of normal working hours
* Give advice on tenancy change applications and ensure that the correct paperwork and supporting documentation is completed for assessment by the housing officer.
* Assist housing officers to manage the void and rehousing process including working with the void works team in property services to get the property into works and receive the property back once works are complete, carry out viewings and sign up new and transferring tenants.
* Assist with preparing for the sign up of new tenants when required. This includes ensuring that sign up packs are made available in advance and contain all relevant information.
* Utilise the councils IT systems to their maximum, ensuring that information is entered onto computer systems to ensure all records are accurate and up to date. Retrieve and work with such information as required.
* Work with the service improvement manager and business support officer to ensure relevant information on performance and service standards is available to residents and staff in the housing office. Also, in the absence of the business support officer take on duties such as invoice processing.
* Provide a high-quality face to face reception service to all visitors, which ensures that the majority of a wide range of enquiries are resolved at the first point of contact, or if appropriate, by appointment with a relevant officer.
Skills & Abilities:
* To support the Council's role in planning for and responding to civil and council emergencies using skills/expertise of the post holder, and in accordance with council emergency procedures.
* To provide emergency contact details for the purposes of emergency and service continuity plans.
* To ensure that you have read your Service's business continuity plan and keep abreast of any updates, so that you know what to do, if the plan is activated.
* To participate in any testing of emergency plans, as directed and take an active role in making suggestions to improve team plans.
* To comply with information rights legislation and the Council's data quality and information management standards by applying information management related policies.
Title: Housing Assistant
Salary: £22.99 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Neighbourhood Services Manager of on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
To lead and manage the Neighbourhood Services team in delivery of a value for money area neighbourhood service, that supports residents to live in safe and sustainable communities and improves resident satisfaction and quality of life and opportunity.
This will be on a temporary basis paying £301.34 per day.
* Manage the performance and development of the neighbourhood services teams, ensuring that all team members have clear objectives and targets, regular reviews and feedback and personal development plans in order to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
* Oversee and lead the effective and appropriate enforcement of tenancy terms and conditions, including the detection and prevention of illegal occupancy, to reduce costs and sustain and improve the quality of life for residents.
* Oversee and lead the effective and appropriate enforcement of lease terms and conditions, including detection and enforcement of unauthorised alterations to properties and the creation of unauthorised HMOs.
* Deliver an effective approach to anti-social behaviour in own area of responsibility which is well understood and leads to appropriate case management and corrective action so that behaviour is redirected in positive directions and the quality of life an opportunity for residents is improved.
* Oversee a programme of quarterly estate inspections that leads to the maintenance of excellent standards, offers opportunities to improve estates and services and delivers a cleaner, greener and safer environment to improve quality of life.
* To take the strategic lead for the void management process for Housing Services, identifying areas of underperformance and recommending changes to bring performance in line with performance targets, to ensure that loss of income from void properties is minimised and income is maximised.
* Oversee the delivery of a high quality, responsive reception service, working closely with property services and contractors, to ensure that customers' needs service standards are met and customer satisfaction is continuously improved.
* Budget and control expenditure, including devolved responsibility for a number of account budgets, deliver ways to improve value for money by reducing costs, improving the use of existing budgets and reviewing and increasing efficiency and effectiveness. To assist the head of neighbourhood services with the budget management process and oversee ordering and invoice processing to achieve value for money for the neighbourhood team.
* Deliver a service which promotes equality and diversity by giving equal and fair access and the identification and resolution of perceived or real inequalities.
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace
* Educated to degree level or trained and qualifies in housing and /or management, or sufficient experience to demonstrate ability
* Experience of managing neighbourhood housing in a social housing environment and dealing successfully with the challenges to which this can give rise.
* Track record of successfully managing a team to drive effective performance and service and establishing a positive performance culture.
* The ability to translate strategic objectives into operational plans
* Experience of successfully managing a voids and re-housing service to maximise income.
* A track record of budget management and assessing and managing risk.
* Proven success in developing effective working relationships, partnerships with other agencies and communicating with and influencing others.
* A good understanding and knowledge of housing and other relevant legislation and regulatory framework which governs housing and case law.
* Evidence of a clear understanding of all aspects of neighbourhood services, including estate management, tenancy management and customer services
Title: Neighbourhood Services Manager
Salary: £301.34 per day
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Assistant Director of Housing Hub on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
* Build and maintains effective services, ensuring tenant satisfaction is at the heart of continuous improvement in Housing.
* Develop the full range of managerial and professional skills and knowledge to satisfy the requirements of the post.
* Support and develop partnership working, including acting as an effective ambassador and advocate across the Council and with external organisations.
* Be fully conversant with relevant statutory provisions and take a strategic view of the Council's constitution, processes, and procedures.
* Ensure timely and relevant advice and information is given to Members generally and build effective working relationships with the Leader and relevant Portfolio Holders.
* Take individual and collective professional responsibility for championing the Council's diversity agenda, proactively implementing initiatives which secure equality of access and outcomes and commit to continually developing personal understanding of diversity.
* Be prepared to attend evening and weekend meetings (e.g. committees & events within the borough) and from time to time work hours required to meet pressing deadlines that may exceed contracted hours.
* To support the business to deliver the proposed future structure and operating model for housing services to ensure efficiency and contribute towards the overall HRA savings/income target by April 2025.
* HRA Budget Management Work closely with Finance and Economy colleagues to ensure that HRA income, spending and efficiencies is suitably forecasted, and that necessary savings are prioritised and made.
* Ensure alignment to MTFS and support the HRA budget task and finish group.
* Project manage the most substantial lines including service charge equalisation, renegotiated internal charges, and fundamental review of capitalisation.
* Ensure that full briefing and deliverability on service charge equalisation is available.
* Ensure consultancy advice on efficiency opportunities from the savings plan is aligned to the delivery plan Housing Management
* To support the business to review out-of-hours contract arrangements to eliminate failure demand and to provide a more reassuring and responsive service.
* Act as lead for the developing programme providing assurance and advice on rents and service charges and the wider HRA savings management piece and delivery against actions arising from Cabinet and Board discussions.
* Asset Management/ Capital Programme
* To work with the Director of Housing Transformation to ensure there is a co-ordinated approach across the housing service to the development and delivery of a 10-year plan.
* Housing repairs complaints management and wider enquiry handling across Economy
* Risk assessment of new backlog workflow and associated management system
* To be Housing's Strategic Lead and champion for high-quality Internal Audits, including planning, coordination, and supporting training for Housing Services.
* Support running of Ombudsman Board and Housing Taskforce.
Skills & Abilities:
* Educated to at least first-degree level or equivalent experience.
* Significant experience leading design and delivery of complex corporate policy that align and support organisational strategy.
* Expert understanding of the key issues facing local government, the wider public sector and partners and of local, regional and national policy.
* Ideally experience of working with enterprise-level PMO or demonstrable ability to become a leading expert for the Council.
* Strong leadership skills and experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams, identifying priorities, objectives, timescales and resources and be responsible for its performance and outputs.
* Demonstrable ability to influence senior stakeholders across a matrixed managed organisation, building strong relationships across organisational boundaries to drive change.
* Driven and self-motivated to complete work to deadlines and independently while also being integral to the team.
* Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to analyse information and data to present complex information and recommendations clearly.
Title: Assistant Director of Housing HUB
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Head of Homelessness Prevention & Assessment on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
To ensure, through appropriate strategic governance & operational leadership that the service meets the current and future business needs of the council statutory and non-statutory service provision for the services.
This will be on a temporary basis paying £602.64 per day.
* Responsible for working closely with the Assistant Director, Housing Management to deliver continuous service improvement, transformation and innovation and identification of developmental opportunities.
* Good people management and leadership skills who is self-motivated to provide line management and strategic direction to managers directly managed and have responsibility for the services, carrying out annual appraisals, 1:1s, training and development needs and SMART objective setting in line with Corporate and Departmental procedures.
* Manage the overall workload, staffing, financial and other resources of the service to ensure the most effective use of resources consistent with Council policy and priorities and relevant legislation.
* Administer, by authority of the Council through the Scheme of Delegation, all functions, duties and powers under housing legislation and relevant caselaw, as they relate to homelessness and housing needs including assessment and reviews.
* To analyse and report on performance in accordance with statutory and non-statutory services KPI's and LPI's linked to Service and Departmental Business Plan. Set and manage the achievement of service targets as set out in the current Service Plans for the areas responsible for and Service Level Agreements and operational performance targets.
* Lead on strategic management of the Council's Housing Register, developing service models to deliver a fair and transparent process, contributing to housing policy and procedures.
* Lead on needs assessment and complex cases panels, including the risk assessment of ex-offenders for public protection and re-housing under welfare guidelines.
* Achieve satisfactory quality in all aspects of the service's work by ensuring that all staff adhere to procedures, policies and practices and that adequate numbers of staff are deployed to maintain a safe, effective and efficient service at all times.
* Ensure that residents' and customers' confidentiality is maintained at all times and that policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to ensuring that services are administratively sound and comply with GDPR requirements
* Responsible for monitoring expenditure with regard to the service's cost centres and other budgets in line with the Council's financial procedures and standing orders.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining an understanding of the business dynamics and issues facing housing, adult social care and children's services in order to recommend proactive and appropriate front of house solutions.
* Work strategically with the management board and other senior managers to develop appropriate plans that anticipate and respond to organisational changes and ensure that current and future business needs are reflected in policies and procedures.
* Responsible for working closely with the Assistant Director, Housing Management to monitor opportunities for continuous improvement, transformation and innovation and identification of developmental gaps
* Create and maintain effective partnerships with departments and external stakeholder agencies and organisations.
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace.
* Good understanding of the key issues facing local government, the wider public sector and partners and of local, regional and national policy
* Experience of working in a fast-paced housing management department
* Ability to work across multiple teams and to deliver transformation and service improvement projects.
* Resident focus on delivering excellent Homelessness Prevention & Assessment services face to face, telephone, email, and written correspondence.
* Experience of working with senior management team, councilors, executive directors, external stakeholders, and partnership organisations
* Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with council departments and external voluntary community partners to deliver positive outcomes for residents
* Effectively able to plan and prioritise workload and working to deadlines.
* Good organisational skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines and manage projects
* Robust governance arrangements, processes, risks & issues management and financial information
Title: Head of Homelessness Prevention & Assessment
Salary: £602.64 per day
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Tenancy Specialist (ASB Officer) of on a temporary basis working for a Housing Association based in Sutton.
To provide high level expertise on Tenancy Fraud, Anti-Social Behaviour, Domestic Abuse and legal action for tenancy enforcement. Tenancy specialist will be responsible for case management and will work closely with field based Neighbourhood Response Officers.
This will be on a temporary basis paying £19.68 per hour.
* Managing all tenancy fraud, sub-letting and Right To Buy (RTB) fraud cases across the region, including conducting investigations or tasking colleagues to investigate locally.
* The effective case management of anti-social behaviour cases, directing and supporting colleagues with investigations and enforcement action.
* Deciding on the most appropriate action against those who commit tenancy fraud or perpetrate anti-social behaviour and the most appropriate support for victims.
* Preparing legal files and managing legal action cases for tenancy enforcement and fraud. Working with solicitors, process servers and bailiffs.
* Represent Clarion HA at court for tenancy fraud, ASB and other (non arrears) tenancy related legal cases such as legal disrepair as required.
* Managing complex tenancy management cases referred from Customer Support e.g. complex successions, complex end of tenancy reviews etc.
* Liaising with and assisting the Police and other partners to acquire evidence that can be used to identify fraud and/or criminal proceedings. This may include interviews at the Police station and /or on surveillance operations to ensure a co-ordinated response.
* Liaising with internal and external agencies such as Women's Aid, NFI, local authorities, mediation, solicitors or support services.
Skills & Abilities:
* An excellent understanding of anti-social behaviour and/or tenancy fraud.
* Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation in respect to tenancy management, fraud, ASB and legal disrepair
* Experience of investigative interviewing, ideally for fraud and/or ASB.
* Good investigative, intelligence gathering and problem solving skills.
* Positive mindset with a focus on solutions.
* Able to weigh up different views, exercise good judgement and make decisions.
* Confident and able to challenge in a positive and constructive manner.
* Resilient and adaptable.
* Excellent communicator, able to adapt approach to the audience.
* Able to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and external
* Experience of successful case management with positive outcomes
* Ability to travel across the region.
Title: ASB Officer
Salary: £19.68 per hour
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Assistant Director on a temporary basis working for a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
To work as a member of the councils SMT, to contribute proactively to the collective leadership for the council, working collaboratively with Member, services across the council, partners & stakeholders to deliver the councils objectives & priorities.
This will be on a temporary basis paying £555 per day.
* Provide strategic leadership to the Housing Management Division, delivering services to 17,000 homes - leasehold and general needs, ensuring an excellent quality customer focused housing service to all tenants and leaseholders and ensuring residents are at the heart of the service and delivering continuous improvement.
* Have overall responsibility for the Housing Strategy and subsequent strategies ensuring strong, effective partnerships - internally and externally. Leading teams delivering and implementing the Housing strategy including: Homelessness Prevention and Assessment, rough sleeping reduction, Supported Housing Commissioning, Allocation Policies and Lettings, Neighbourhood Services, Sheltered Services, Financial Inclusion, providing strategic leadership, comprehensive business planning, target setting and performance objectives
* Ensure the service drives value and performance from procurement and contract management, delivering effective financial and budget management
* Provide clear strategic and operational leadership to the delivery of the housing related services and investment.
* Drive cultural and organisation change to develop a strong distinctive performance culture and commitment to resident satisfaction (tenants and leaseholders)
* Lead and bring together different teams under one dedicated service to provide a range of resident focused services
* Have a thorough understanding of the legislative context relating to the Council's statutory obligations, including the regulatory framework for social housing, homelessness, health and safety, welfare reform and fire safety, to provide appropriate Member briefing and translation of legislation to ensure effective, relevant and responsive service delivery. Providing Members and the Executive with the open and timely information that they need to maintain effective oversight of the Division.
* Lead teams managing, developing and commissioning homelessness prevention support services, supported housing and temporary accommodation to deliver the Council's statutory obligations, ensuring health and safety compliance across accommodation services, identifying, managing and mitigating against risk.
* Represent the Council, in its relationship with commissioned contractors and key stakeholders, including resident representative forums.
* Develop positive relationships with Members and other key stakeholder groups, including resident representative forums and groups to ensure they can contribute to service improvements.
* Engender a commercial approach to the Council's assets and ensure value for money principles are applied to services.
Skills & Abilities:
* A strategic thinker and inspirational leader with strong influencing skills who can build inclusive and high-performing teams
* Pursues creative and new ideas to provide solutions to complex problems
* Challenges inequality and demonstrates leadership in this area
* Exhibits confidence and leadership, engages emotionally and can show evidence of influencing key stakeholders externally and internally
* Applies judgement in managing risk, supporting their senior leadership to deliver on commitments to savings
* Can demonstrate clear leadership in uncertain or ambiguous situations, demonstrates resilience, readily adapts to change, and exhibits personal growth
* Ability to build positive relationships with senior colleagues and politicians and generating confidence and mutual respect.
* Track record of senior management experience in leading, shaping and delivering a range of housing services to residents
* Substantial experience of operating at senior level in social housing
* Significant evidence of bringing teams together and developing high performing service
* Can demonstrate experience of service transformation and continuous improvement.
Title: Assistant Director - Housing Management
Salary: £555 per day
MMP Consultancy are looking for a Resident Involvement Officer to join an excellent Housing Association in East London.
Purpose Of Job:
To support the implementation of our Resident Involvement Strategy and Resident Consultation and Participation Policy with specific focus on developing the Residents' Scrutiny Panel, social media profile, Estate Management Board elections, residents newsletter, Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) Resident Involvement reaccreditation and the embedding of measuring social value within the Association.
* Support the delivery of the Resident Involvement strategy by delivering a proactive and effective Resident Involvement service
* Provide clear, supportive and accurate resident Involvement advice to a range of stakeholders, including signposting where appropriate, to ensure awareness of customer involvement opportunities and promotion of the Groups other services.
* Work with the Head of Homes & Communities and Community Engagement Manager on preparing TPAS Resident Involvement submission
* Produce clear, accurate information and materials for internal colleagues for their use when engaging with customers and encourage participation in the Estate Management Boards
* Support from line colleagues in engaging with local customer groups acting as a Centre of Excellence, providing advice on constitutional issues and effective scrutiny and funding applications.
* Promote appropriate feedback and insight to our Senior Leadership team for analysis as required, including customer feedback obtained by hosting webinars.
* Organise, facilitate and record outcomes of key local customer meetings and events to encourage customer engagement and representation from a broad variety of residents.