Up to £60000 per annum Additional Benefits
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Fire Safety Manager to join a housing association based in Westminster. This will be a permanent position paying £60,000p/a Benefits.
My client is offering a flexible working role with an expectation of 2 days p/w In the offices.
The Fire Safety Manager reports to the Head of Compliance and Building Safety and works within the compliance team. This role is principally responsible for ensuring that the organisation improves compliance relating to fire safety and implementing associated legislation, recommendations, and best practice.
The post holder will be primarily responsible for the delivery, management and implementation of the Fire Management Plan, Operational Guidance and Fire Safety related policies which form my clients Fire Risk Management strategy.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of the Fire Risk Assessment programme and to ensure that the organisation remains compliant in its fire safety duties as a landlord.
They will manage the process of pre and post inspections to support the Head of Compliance and Building Safety with the quality of products and service to all compliance and specialised service contracts delivering statutory and regulatory activity.
The Fire Safety Manager will lead with Building Safety Cases and reports. They will develop and implement where necessary, ensuring their effective maintenance and management post-implementation.
The Fire Safety Manager will ensure good financial management of allocated budgets and provide periodic reports on actual and forecast spend.
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery and management of my clients Fire Risk Management Strategy.
- Responsible for the Fire Risk Assessment programme and to ensure that the organisation remains compliant in its fire safety duties as a landlord. This includes the interpretation, analysis and programming of fire precaution works which emanate.
- Review all fire remedial actions and provide technical specifications and engineering solutions to ensure compliance which represents value for money.
- Provide up to date information on fire safety related KPI's and provide commentary in weekly compliance meetings.
- To regularly review building safety case reports and associated management plans to ensure buildings are safe.
- Act as the lead on the delivery of the fire safety work programmes and ensure that all works are completed within agreed timescales and KPI's to the required standard and quality.
- Manage and coordinate the audits of Fire risk inspections and Fire remedial works and address any contractor underperformance.
- To support the organisation with training and ensure that any regulatory or legislative changes are impact assessed and where policy and procedure changes are required this is implemented within any advised timeframes.
- Ensure completion of remedial actions from any notice received from LFB within agreed timescales.
- Will be responsible for organising familiarisation visits with the LFB.
- Carry out pre and post inspections for all areas of compliance as required to ensure value for money, quality of work and resident satisfaction.
- To carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications, and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solutions ensuring all applicable regulations are complied with.
- Provide technical advice on building defects and diagnosis to the organisation including the day-to-day responsive repairs service, as well as, from time to time, carrying out post inspections of repairs to help better manage our contractors.
- Ensure that all databases are continually updated to reflect servicing works carried out and all required certification is provided on completion of works.
- Attend various meetings, both internal and external, to represent LACS and conduct joint site meetings with LACS staff, contractors, and external agencies such as LFB.
- Act as lead within the Property Services Team for Building Safety Cases and to successfully develop and implement where necessary, ensuring their effective maintenance and management post-implementation.
- Review and update the Building Safety Case as required ensuring that it is valid and up to date, working with other teams within the department to ensure that this is completed.
- Make visits to site to monitor contractor performance against key performance indicators and to validate servicing and remedial works being undertaken to ensure that they are of a high standard.
- Deputise for the Head of Compliance and Building Safety when required and lead contract management meetings.
- Attend all Fire Safety Group Meetings and offer expert advice.
- Assist in the procurement and tendering of new contracts and preparation of briefs and appointment of external consultants and contractors as required.
- Effectively manage contractors and consultants delivering repairs, servicing and projects ensuring they comply with contractual obligations and take remedial action where performance does not meet their contractual obligations.
- Ensure all projects and services are effectively managed including monitoring costs, progress, performance against KPI's, ensuring regular progress meetings are in place. Keep management informed of progress, highlighting areas of concern.
Finance & Budgets
- Authorise works up to the delegated authority for the post.
- Ensure budget responsibilities are met, promptly raise any concerns (under or overspent), feeding into forecasting and business planning purposes as required.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure all works are compliant and provide value for money.
- Promote a culture of value for money and sound financial practice within the role.
Title: Fire Safety Manager
Salary: £60,000p/a Benefits