MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a HR Advisor to join a leading local authority based in London.
Role Purpose: Responsible for providing support in the delivery of a high-quality operational HR advisory service to managers on all workforce related matters including resourcing, management of attendance, performance management, employee relations issues and general HR management interventions, to support the delivery of business objectives.
Responsibilities of HR Advisor:
* Provide effective support and advice to internal staff in relation to employee relations, policies and procedures, recruitment and retention
* Provide quality, professional human resources advice, guidance and support to management on the full range of human resources issues including organisational change, redundancy, redeployment, case management, employment tribunals, industrial action, disciplinary, grievance, performance, absence management, ill health retirement, recruitment, pay and terms and conditions of employment
* Manage a personal allocation of employee relations case work
* Influence, persuade, coach and support managers to take appropriate action and manage risks in accordance with agreed policies and procedures
* Support the delivery of accessible and appropriate advice, guidance, and support in dealing with HR matters raised directly by members of staff. Utilise on-going discussions with senior management teams, plan the delivery of all HR support services to the relevant division or service area
* Assist managers to carry out jobs in a safe and effective manner
* Support on Key Performance Indicators, including the reduction of temporary staffing spend
* Advise managers on selection of candidates, including interviews and assessments
Essential Criteria/ Requirements for HR Advisor:
* Extensive generalist HR experience to include administration of all aspects of recruitment and selection processes, change management, performance management and other HR related matters
* Experience of advising and coaching managers in employee relations to a complex level
* Willingness to study for CIPD and evidence of continued professional development
* Good working knowledge of HR practice, policies and management procedures