MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Senior Allocations & Lettings Office to join a local authority based in Hammersmith.
To manage the provision of social housing in accordance with the councils policies and procedures and relevant Government legislation. E.g homelessness code of guidance, housing allocation scheme etc.
This will be a temporary position paying £30.51 per hour Umbrella.
* Maintain a detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and Council policy in relation to the statutory provision of social housing. To operate within relevant Codes of Guidance, statutory guidance, council policy and housing legislation.
* Help deliver on all key performance and service standard indicators for letting Council and Registered Providers stock. To ensure standards are maintained to meet void turnaround targets to minimise lost revenue of rent. Actively work in partnership with the voids section to achieve this as well as identifying new initiatives to help reduce void turnaround times.
* Responsible for managing and responding to Members' enquiries and customer complaints within departmental, corporate, and legislative timescales and procedures and initiate correspondence and written and verbal briefings and reports for senior management, solicitors, and other statutory and non-statutory agencies
* Ensure close liaisons with our partner Registered Providers (RP) in relation to nomination requests for their stock, ensuring the terms of the deed of nomination agreement and the council allocation policy are always adhered to.
* Maintain a working knowledge of the Housing Act 1996 VI and the Councils Allocation Policy as well as an awareness of the Homelessness act 2002 (as amended) in relation to managing staff responsible for the allocation and suitability review of accommodation.
* Responsible for ensuring that officers update the authority's IT Housing Systems, ensuring all details are correct and accurate records and the legal obligations for both landlord and tenant can be met.
* Produce & provide required data to evidence performance against key performance indicators, including financial recording and submitting financial returns.
* Assist colleagues meet the Council's obligations with emergency housing decants and transfers.
* Offer advice, guidance, and support to residents, with regards to potential housing options, temporary accommodation and social housing
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to
* Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace.
* Evidence of success in promoting equal opportunities through innovative, integrated and client/community focussed service provision, particularly in relation to vulnerable people
* Educated to GCSE 'A' Level, or NVQ Level, or having equivalent experience of working in a housing or property management environment.
* An understanding and knowledge of housing and other relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks within housing, especially in the context of the statutory provision of accommodation
* Experience of managing and supporting officers to deliver allocations and lettings responsive service.
Title: Senior Allocations & Lettings Officer
Salary: £30.51 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Visiting Housing Assistant to join a local authority based in Hammersmith.
Looking for a team of Housing Support Individuals to carry out home visits within the borough, to work from a scripted check list and will also require strong IT skills. Please note this role will be entirely field based.
This will be a temporary position paying £22.17 per hour Umbrella.
* Provide a high-quality support service to the tenancy management teams in all aspects of housing management.
* Assisting the tenancy management teams with a range of housing management functions including estate inspections, tenancy audits, progressing fire risk assessment recommendations, tenancy verification checks, ASB management, management of sheds, and maintaining EDMS for the team.
* Provide a customer focused reception service to all visitors, which ensures that the majority of a wide range of enquiries are resolved at the first point of contact, or if appropriate, residents are connected with other services and agencies.
* Attend home visits, meetings and events as required. Some of these may be outside of normal working hours
* Give advice on tenancy change applications and ensure that the correct paperwork and supporting documentation is completed for assessment by the housing officer.
* Assist with preparing for the sign up of new tenants when required. This includes ensuring that sign up packs are made available in advance and contain all relevant information.
* Use a number of databases and IT systems to retrieve and record information. Ensuring Iworld and EDMS are accurate and updated with tenancy details and records.
* To help to plan, coordinate and record actions from a programme of tenancy audits
* Assist in the introduction of new tenants to their homes, conducting viewings, sign ups and new tenant where required.
* Respond promptly and appropriately to customers email and telephone enquires in line with standards
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, Customer Care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace
* Evidence of a clear understanding of customer services and an ability to demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement. Ability to use information and communications technology to maintain up to date information and retrieve information quickly and accurately to help customers.
* Track record of success working in a customer facing service and dealing sensitively and effectively with customer issues.
Title: Visiting Housing Assistant
Salary: £22.17 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a HR Consultant to join a housing association based in Hammersmith.
To apply targeted and specific knowledge to a range of situations across the business. You will apply your knowledge of consulting practise to contract, devise and deliver key interventions aligned to the people strategy and with the knowledge of how to apply these through your specific discipline or business area.
This will be a temporary position paying £29 an hour Umbrella.
* Development of key products within your professional area of discipline, through a consultancy approach with clients.
* Development of a tactical and operational plan, agreed with clients and your Business Partner.
* Measurable achievements for the identification and design of interventions for service improvements
* Provision of advice, guidance, and options within your professional area.
* Connection of your activities to the corporate vision, people strategy and service business plans.
* Ability to understand both the professional discipline and the wider requirements for people management within your sphere of work.
* Structured approach to planning and organising work packets and products to deliver to plan and exceed expectations.
* Knowledge of measurement and the use of data to identify, monitor and demonstrate delivery of objectives.
* Fantastic communication skills to develop rapport and confidence of clients
* Corporate ownership of the temporary resourcing requirements of the council, ensuring planned activity, contract management and effective monitoring of our temporary resources.
* Proposals and the delivery for key recruitment campaigns aligned to service plans and/or key talent programmes such as apprenticeships, graduate etc.
* Design, deliver or commission assessment centres aligned to 'recruiting for attitude' with appropriate selection tools for the roles.
* Key attraction strategies for both internal and external awareness and recruitment to include social media and up-todate resourcing practices.
* Appropriate testing techniques, psychometrics and candidate assessment experiences.
* How to design and deliver projects for key resourcing programmes, in line with client expectations.
* Job evaluation and job matching tools
* Routes to market and campaign development.
* How to design and deliver outstanding candidate experiences that balance the attitudinal recruitment approach with the right skills and experience needed within teams.
Title: HR Consultant
Salary: £29.00 per hour Umbrella
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Housing Service Programme Manager to join a Local Authority based in Hammersmith.
To work closely with the Director of Housing and Housing Department Management Team developing and delivering Council and Departmental priorities to help Housing Services to maximise its potential, delivering effectively and efficiently services.
This will be a temporary position paying £330 per day.
* Ensure the effective preparation and co-ordination of the Director of Housing and Housing Department Management Team responsibilities.
* Write and oversee preparation of reports, briefings and correspondence to a high standard, on a wide range of issues including on emerging significant issues for the Council, London and nationally.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships across the Housing Service and Economy Department and wider Council to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Department in line with Council policies and values.
* Develop and implement business strategy, planning and performance monitoring, budget oversight and monitoring, helping Housing and Economy Department to operate efficiently and effectively, and ensuring close alignment of Housing with the wider responsibilities of the Council. This includes working with corporate and departmental specialists on matters such as supporting the smooth running of Council processes and the development and agreement of tenders and contracts.
* To support the development and implementation of Director of Housing and Housing Department Management Team priorities, using insight and intelligence.
* To highlight to the Director of Housing and Assistant Director of HUB any areas on under performance or non-delivery of Council priorities.
* Ensure that matters referred to the Economy Strategic Director's office are dealt with effectively, sensitively and confidentially as required.
* Attend meetings, working parties, panels etc. in support of and/or on behalf of the Strategic Director.
* As advised by the Strategic Director, Director of Housing, Assistant Directors of Housing to liaise with Councillors, the Departmental Management Team (DMT), Council services and others to ensure effective co-ordination and communication of major issues and those affecting the Strategic Director's responsibilities.
* Help ensure that the culture of the Housing Service and Economy Department aligns with and reflects the Council's Values and People Strategy. Promote and support the Council's equalities, diversity and inclusion policies and objectives through all work.
* Other duties as appropriate to the seniority and responsibility of the post as directed by the Director of Housing or Departmental Management Team in Housing.
* Manage the Corporate Complaints Programme for Housing and support this process across Economy.
Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate evidence of consistent and strong working relationships with members, senior officers and internal stakeholders.
* Demonstrate evidence of consistent and strong working relationships with a wide range of external organisations, partners and office holders.
* Implementation of Housing priorities and complex programmes of work, through evidence-based decision-making
* Lead the effective co-ordination and communication of major issues and those affecting the Director of Housing responsibilities.
* Demonstrate influence and delivery through evidence of critical thinking, creative solutions and successful negotiations, with consistent and strong working relationships with members, senior officers and internal stakeholders.
* Demonstrate influence and delivery through evidence of critical thinking and creative solutions and successful negotiations, with evidence of consistent and strong working relationships with a wide range of external organisations, partners and office holders.
* To design, develop and lead implementation of Housing priorities and complex programmes of work.
Title: Housing Service Programme Manager
Salary: £330 Per Day
MMP Consultancy are working with a national Contractor to recruit a Resident Liaison Officer.
This will be covering postcodes across North and East London.
Please note, this position requires you to have access to your own vehicle and a Full UK's Drivers Licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of works programmes. Working closely with Contract Managers you will assist in resident consultation and involvement.
* Assisting in the management of resident consultation and involvement in planned works programmes, minimising disruption to residents whilst helping to ensure that the programme does not fall behind schedule and costs remain within budget
* Developing and delivering effective communication with residents, liaising closely with contractor staff to assist in the smooth running of the programmes and the ongoing building management
* Contribution to community engagement plans and initiatives to counter joblessness and financial exclusion
* Present previous experience of working within Social Housing or Local Government in a Resident Liaison/Community Engagement capacity
* Experience of supporting planned works programmes
* Experience of handling challenging and complex situations
* An effective communicator at all levels, you will be able to work pro actively and independently to deliver on tight time scales
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join an Excellent Housing Association based in East London on a Permanent Basis.
* Tenancy/lease management - Providing advice, managing requests, and acting where breaches of tenancy/lease conditions or changes in circumstances occur. This includes but not limited to death/succession; possession proceedings; squatting/abandonment
* ASB - Tackling and reducing the effects of anti-social behaviour, managing a caseload of anti-social behaviour cases to the point of closure or enforcement action. This includes case assessment; identifying solutions and acting; preparing cases for court action and representing the organisation at court and at evictions
* Tenancy audits /fraud - investigating unlawful subletting and taken the appropriate legal action
* Lettings - Taking ownership for all empty properties and subunits in a patch to minimise void periods.
* Ensure vulnerable residents are signposted to appropriate services and support to enable tenancy sustainment, providing basic advice on welfare benefits and support that is available
* Proactively seek residents' views to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction
* Support and promote the work of the community development team within the patch
* Actively promote, assist and encourage resident involvement attending relevant resident panels, walkabouts and meetings to address their issues of concern
* Investigate safeguarding concerns and refer to the Neighbourhood Operations Manger
* Engage with and involve residents in the management of their neighbourhood by carrying out regular estate inspections, identifying and resolving issues directly or in liaison with internal teams or other external agencies
* Deliver a programme of regular estate inspections
* Deal with service charge queries from tenants and leaseholders on the quality of services and service specifications
* Support the customer services team with technical advice to improve resolution at first point of contact
Skills and Knowledge:
* Up to date knowledge of legislation and good practice relevant to leasehold & housing management
* Understanding of service charge apportionment methods and service charges
* Ability to interpret leases, complex information, and management agreements
* Able to travel efficiently across the stock and attend evening meetings
* Highly developed interpersonal skills with approachability and flexibility
* Can manage own workload day-to-day, handling different projects simultaneously and working to conflicting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with different customers and at court when needed
* Developed relationship management or stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to influence, engage and manage conflict to resolution
* Organised, planned and able to prioritise competing demands
* Well-developed IT skills including experience of Microsoft office and the ability to proficiently use computerised databases
Are you passionate about community-focused housing management? MMP Consultancy is partnering with a national Housing Association to recruit a dedicated Neighbourhood Response Officer on a temporary basis. As a Neighbourhood Officer, you will play a pivotal role in providing tailored housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents within designated neighbourhoods, ensuring their needs are met while upholding tenancy and lease conditions.
This position will be covering East London. However, you will be required to travel across North London to meet the residents, depending on the requirements of the organisation.
* Investigate breaches of tenancy, support more vulnerable customers and ensure that anti-social behaviour is addressed and prevented by working collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies.
* Deliver effective housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents, ensuring their needs are met within designated neighbourhoods.
* Serve as the primary point of contact, offering assistance and resolving queries promptly.
* Work with local partners such as safer neighbourhood teams, the voluntary sector and youth services on neighbourhood safety and ASB issues
* Visit customers who may require additional support and assess whether they require on going tenancy support.
* Conduct evictions, and attend stay hearings, attend court to represent the organisation.
* Conduct scheduled visits to tenants and leaseholders, addressing service requests and clarifying tenancy and lease terms.
* Assist in preparing legal cases and documentation for First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) proceedings when required.
* Ensure tenancies and leases are managed per agreements, addressing breaches according to policies.
* Prior experience as a Housing Officer or Neighbourhood Officer.
* Strong understanding of the social housing sector and relevant legislation.
* Current awareness of leasehold management and prevailing housing sector challenges.
* Full UK's Drivers Licence Preferred