MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Service Charge Accountant to join a housing association based in Surrey.
Working as part of a team with responsibility for the financial management of service charge income and costs.
This will be a permanent position paying £45,000 per annum.
* Support and manage a team of service charge officers in the delivery of the objectives
* Plan the cyclical workload to ensure deadlines are met.
* Train team members on service charge accounting and changes in legislation.
* Develop systems and processes to ensure the team are working efficiently and effectively in delivery the outcomes.
* Perform regular reviews of total service charge costs and work with other internal teams to ensure effective management of costs.
* Monthly accounting processes including journal entry, accruals and prepayments and reconciliations to ensure ledgers reflect operational performance. Investigate variances, prepare forecasts and report accordingly providing commentary to the management accounts team.
* Administer sinking and reserve fund accounts in accordance with legislation and best practice.
* Deliver on the production of and independent external verification of year end scheme accounts.
* Work collaboratively with other areas of the business, including Housing Teams,
* Charge Management Teams, Estate Teams and Home Ownership Teams to deliver a customer focussed service to our tenants and leaseholders.
* Implement opportunities to maximise Service Charge recoverability for the organisation.
* Deputise for the Service Charge Manager as required.
* Ensure compliance at all times with legislation and regulation.
* Consider Value for Money for our customers in setting and accounting for service charges
* Produce regular KPI's and reports on team performance.
* Actively contribute to the wider work of the Finance team, and at all times exhibit values and behaviours which align with the status of the role
* Lead in the resolution of service charge queries from both internal and external customers and required ( CRM), including regular scheme visits / resident meetings to maximise customer satisfaction
* Liaise with external agencies and stakeholders in delivering an effective and customer focussed function
Skills & Abilities:
* Part qualified accountant or equivalent
* Passion for service excellence and continuous Improvement.
* Displays a 'can do' attitude with drive and enthusiasm.
* Behaves in a manner that promotes our mission and core Values.
* Knowledge service charges legislation, setting, and Accounting.
* Knowledge of the social housing regulatory framework as it applies to financial accounting.
* Experience of working in a service charge finance team within the social housing or private sector.
* Experience of leading and developing a highly motivated
Title: Service Charge Accountant
Salary: £45,000 per annum
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Service Charge Manager to join a housing association based in Surrey.
To be responsible for leading and managing a team in ensuring all aspects of service charge accounting are carried out to meet the requirements of the business and compliance with legislation and regulation, whilst providing exceptional customer service to our customers. To oversee and provide assurance on the integrity of our data and ensure they are compliant with regulatory standards, legislation and internal policy.
This will be a permanent position paying £49,000 per annum.
* Lead the Service Charge and Home Budgets Team for the region you have responsibility for, effectively plan cyclical workloads to ensure the effective use of resources.
* Provide strong leadership to all direct / indirect reports, ensuring effective team working and a positive environment which encourages contribution and progression
* Advise and assist the team in problem solving and investigation into issues.
* Support the team through coaching, development, and training.
* Achieve targets for productivity and performance during 121s.
* Identify and close skills gaps/ train needs within the team to enhance team performance
* Assist in the training and induction of colleagues within the Service Charge Team
* Positive contribution in team meetings and 121s and a proactive approach to identifying service improvement
* Establish an annual work plan for service charge duties of the team and document processes and procedures.
* Ensure accurate and timely service charge estimates are produced for all service charges, liaise with the wider business as required.
* Lead on the production of year end service charge statements of account for approval and the annual accountant certification / audit process within prescribed Authors: Sandeep Chahal-Bains Approved by: HR Creation date: March 2022 This document is uncontrolled if printed Page 2 of 6 timescales. Ensure all deficit and surplus adjustments are entered onto the residents' accounts.
* Develop the service charge accounting software to meet the requirements of the organisation.
* Ensure all ledgers and systems are maintained to account for service charge costs and income.
* Work with the wider business to ensure service charges are affordable and represent Value for Money for our residents.
* Establish and manage controls and processes to monitor financial performance of service charges against budget estimates.
* Develop the accounting function for homeowners and leaseholders specifically in respect of sinking and reserve funds.
* Be the functional lead on Bluebox to ensure Service Charge deliverables are met, offering solutions and guidance on system optimisation.
Skills & Abilities:
* Qualified accountant ACCA / CIMA or equivalent or 3 years experience in a senior finance / accountancy environment
* Communicates effectively.
* Customer focused.
* Prioritises and multi-tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
* The ability to interpret legislation and regulation.
* The ability to develop efficient processes and project manager cyclical team workloads.
* Ability to manage and work with large data sets and information.
* Experience for recruitment and selection
* Prioritises to meet deadlines.
* Ensures policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Ability to analyse and present complex information simply.
Title: Service Charge Manager
Salary: £49,000 per annum
MMP Consultancy are working with a national Contractor to recruit a Resident Liaison Officer.
This will be covering postcodes across North and East London.
Please note, this position requires you to have access to your own vehicle and a Full UK's Drivers Licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of works programmes. Working closely with Contract Managers you will assist in resident consultation and involvement.
* Assisting in the management of resident consultation and involvement in planned works programmes, minimising disruption to residents whilst helping to ensure that the programme does not fall behind schedule and costs remain within budget
* Developing and delivering effective communication with residents, liaising closely with contractor staff to assist in the smooth running of the programmes and the ongoing building management
* Contribution to community engagement plans and initiatives to counter joblessness and financial exclusion
* Present previous experience of working within Social Housing or Local Government in a Resident Liaison/Community Engagement capacity
* Experience of supporting planned works programmes
* Experience of handling challenging and complex situations
* An effective communicator at all levels, you will be able to work pro actively and independently to deliver on tight time scales
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join an Excellent Housing Association based in East London on a Permanent Basis.
* Tenancy/lease management - Providing advice, managing requests, and acting where breaches of tenancy/lease conditions or changes in circumstances occur. This includes but not limited to death/succession; possession proceedings; squatting/abandonment
* ASB - Tackling and reducing the effects of anti-social behaviour, managing a caseload of anti-social behaviour cases to the point of closure or enforcement action. This includes case assessment; identifying solutions and acting; preparing cases for court action and representing the organisation at court and at evictions
* Tenancy audits /fraud - investigating unlawful subletting and taken the appropriate legal action
* Lettings - Taking ownership for all empty properties and subunits in a patch to minimise void periods.
* Ensure vulnerable residents are signposted to appropriate services and support to enable tenancy sustainment, providing basic advice on welfare benefits and support that is available
* Proactively seek residents' views to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction
* Support and promote the work of the community development team within the patch
* Actively promote, assist and encourage resident involvement attending relevant resident panels, walkabouts and meetings to address their issues of concern
* Investigate safeguarding concerns and refer to the Neighbourhood Operations Manger
* Engage with and involve residents in the management of their neighbourhood by carrying out regular estate inspections, identifying and resolving issues directly or in liaison with internal teams or other external agencies
* Deliver a programme of regular estate inspections
* Deal with service charge queries from tenants and leaseholders on the quality of services and service specifications
* Support the customer services team with technical advice to improve resolution at first point of contact
Skills and Knowledge:
* Up to date knowledge of legislation and good practice relevant to leasehold & housing management
* Understanding of service charge apportionment methods and service charges
* Ability to interpret leases, complex information, and management agreements
* Able to travel efficiently across the stock and attend evening meetings
* Highly developed interpersonal skills with approachability and flexibility
* Can manage own workload day-to-day, handling different projects simultaneously and working to conflicting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with different customers and at court when needed
* Developed relationship management or stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to influence, engage and manage conflict to resolution
* Organised, planned and able to prioritise competing demands
* Well-developed IT skills including experience of Microsoft office and the ability to proficiently use computerised databases
Are you passionate about community-focused housing management? MMP Consultancy is partnering with a national Housing Association to recruit a dedicated Neighbourhood Response Officer on a temporary basis. As a Neighbourhood Officer, you will play a pivotal role in providing tailored housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents within designated neighbourhoods, ensuring their needs are met while upholding tenancy and lease conditions.
This position will be covering East London. However, you will be required to travel across North London to meet the residents, depending on the requirements of the organisation.
* Investigate breaches of tenancy, support more vulnerable customers and ensure that anti-social behaviour is addressed and prevented by working collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies.
* Deliver effective housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents, ensuring their needs are met within designated neighbourhoods.
* Serve as the primary point of contact, offering assistance and resolving queries promptly.
* Work with local partners such as safer neighbourhood teams, the voluntary sector and youth services on neighbourhood safety and ASB issues
* Visit customers who may require additional support and assess whether they require on going tenancy support.
* Conduct evictions, and attend stay hearings, attend court to represent the organisation.
* Conduct scheduled visits to tenants and leaseholders, addressing service requests and clarifying tenancy and lease terms.
* Assist in preparing legal cases and documentation for First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) proceedings when required.
* Ensure tenancies and leases are managed per agreements, addressing breaches according to policies.
* Prior experience as a Housing Officer or Neighbourhood Officer.
* Strong understanding of the social housing sector and relevant legislation.
* Current awareness of leasehold management and prevailing housing sector challenges.
* Full UK's Drivers Licence Preferred
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Support Worker to join an excellent Housing Association in North London.
* Work with the team to provide a consistent approach to the support that we give.
* Act as main point of contact for your key service users.
* Providing support to service users to make and attend appointments where necessary.
* Using your time available to keep up to date with all admin work including emails, reviews, and support plans.
* You will be working with colleagues, families (where applicable) and other professionals for the benefit of the service users
* You will keep up to date on regulatory changes and actively look at ways to develop yourself and the service.
What you will need:
* You will be working within a small team but being able to work on your own is very important. You will be supporting our service users to develop and learn which requires a creative and practical approach.
* You'll need to be confident with getting to know the service users and their families and the network of professionals that we liaise with.
* Your life experience and initiative are qualities that we need.
* You'll need to be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, you'll need to be able to write concise and accurate daily reports.
Please send me your most up to date CV if this is of interest to yourself!
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Senior Business Support Officer on a temporary basis working for a housing association based in Croydon.
To maintain office services by organising office operations and procedures. Work collaboratively with staff and management to ensure requirements are met and the office flows efficiently. Manage the reception area and service ensuring customer needs are met including second support cover on Reception.
This will be a temporary position paying £27.66 per hour Umbrella.
* To take the lead in running the office by planning, implementing, and maintaining systems and processes:
* Ensure the office is well organised and provides a safe working environment for employees and volunteers (including general monitoring of cleanliness and tidiness and responding in a timely manner to any issues which arise). Co-ordinate office cleaning/ clear outs in liaison with the Business Support Manager, dealing with correct usage of office filing/ space.
* Liaise with suppliers and research the procurement of goods and services and ensure the provision of office materials and equipment. Ensure working relationships are maintained. Review contracts regularly under the supervision of the Business Support Manager to ensure the organisation is regularly reviewing efficiencies.
* Organise the office archiving, overseeing the process and related administration. Manage and implement any changes working collaboratively with staff and management.
* To manage the environmental policy and procedure ensuring responsibilities are met.
* Improve efficiency of company recycling, minimise waste.
* Continuous improvement and encourage investment from all employees and suppliers
* To manage the Reception function, overseeing the staff and service and ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation.
* To manage the Receptionist and act as cover - being the first point of contact for customers & external organisations on our head office reception desk, ensuring effective liaison with internal and external colleagues.
* Be responsible for answering telephone enquiries, providing as much accurate information as possible.
* Meeting and greeting customers & guests following the relevant health and safety procedures.
* Keeping our IT systems up to date, leaving accurate information for others, helping to achieve targets and ultimately contributing to continuous improvement in customer satisfaction.
* Oversee and manage (under the supervision of the Business Support Manager) the corporate H&S requirements ensuring our staff are safe and risk is managed effectively.
* Manage the caution and awareness register including organising and attending the caution panel meetings and related administration to ensure all parties are made aware of changes
* Manage accidents and incidents internally (staff and guests) and externally (residents), conducting investigations, ensuring that actions are completed, producing reports and attending the Health and Safety Committee meetings.
* At least 2 years' experience in an Office Management/Facilities role
* Demonstrate experience and ability to deliver Office solutions across a broad range of areas including management of: contracts, supplies, equipment, record
* Strong planning, organisational and time management skills, including the ability to progress numerous initiatives and actions simultaneously, prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
* Able to use own initiative and communicate decisions in an efficient, friendly and professional manner.
* Supports and co-operates fully with colleagues to meet current and future business needs and to promote collaboration.
* Ability to work under pressure and within changing priorities.
Title: Senior Business Support Officer
Salary: £27.66 Umbrella