MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit x 8 Service Charge Analyst to join a fantastic Housing Provider based in London on a temporary contract.
You will work as part of a team to produce detailed analysis of actual expenditure and estimates of future costs as part of the Service Charge actuals and budget setting process.
* Calculate provisions based upon actual replacement and refurbishment requirements
* Check contracts and the allocation of costs to schemes
* Review exceptions within schemes and resolve issues
* Liaise with key internal stakeholders and obtain supporting invoice/contract information
* Monitor the spend on each scheme, investigate and resolve any variations and issues that arise.
* Resolve any issues resulting from the exception report.
* Check coding and apportionment of invoices relating to service charges.
* Ensure invoices are logged promptly and accurately resolving any issues through liaison with internal stakeholders.
* Checking integrity of account data and analysing variances as necessary.
* Review statements and obtain approval where appropriate.
* Prepare statements for printers
* Navigate multiple systems to extrapolate budget and actual data.
* Respond to customer enquiries using case management techniques, investigating and escalating issues as necessary.
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Senior Business Support Officer on a temporary basis working for a housing association based in Croydon.
To maintain office services by organising office operations and procedures. Work collaboratively with staff and management to ensure requirements are met and the office flows efficiently. Manage the reception area and service ensuring customer needs are met including second support cover on Reception.
This will be a temporary position paying £27.66 per hour Umbrella.
* To take the lead in running the office by planning, implementing, and maintaining systems and processes:
* Ensure the office is well organised and provides a safe working environment for employees and volunteers (including general monitoring of cleanliness and tidiness and responding in a timely manner to any issues which arise). Co-ordinate office cleaning/ clear outs in liaison with the Business Support Manager, dealing with correct usage of office filing/ space.
* Liaise with suppliers and research the procurement of goods and services and ensure the provision of office materials and equipment. Ensure working relationships are maintained. Review contracts regularly under the supervision of the Business Support Manager to ensure the organisation is regularly reviewing efficiencies.
* Organise the office archiving, overseeing the process and related administration. Manage and implement any changes working collaboratively with staff and management.
* To manage the environmental policy and procedure ensuring responsibilities are met.
* Improve efficiency of company recycling, minimise waste.
* Continuous improvement and encourage investment from all employees and suppliers
* To manage the Reception function, overseeing the staff and service and ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation.
* To manage the Receptionist and act as cover - being the first point of contact for customers & external organisations on our head office reception desk, ensuring effective liaison with internal and external colleagues.
* Be responsible for answering telephone enquiries, providing as much accurate information as possible.
* Meeting and greeting customers & guests following the relevant health and safety procedures.
* Keeping our IT systems up to date, leaving accurate information for others, helping to achieve targets and ultimately contributing to continuous improvement in customer satisfaction.
* Oversee and manage (under the supervision of the Business Support Manager) the corporate H&S requirements ensuring our staff are safe and risk is managed effectively.
* Manage the caution and awareness register including organising and attending the caution panel meetings and related administration to ensure all parties are made aware of changes
* Manage accidents and incidents internally (staff and guests) and externally (residents), conducting investigations, ensuring that actions are completed, producing reports and attending the Health and Safety Committee meetings.
* At least 2 years' experience in an Office Management/Facilities role
* Demonstrate experience and ability to deliver Office solutions across a broad range of areas including management of: contracts, supplies, equipment, record
* Strong planning, organisational and time management skills, including the ability to progress numerous initiatives and actions simultaneously, prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
* Able to use own initiative and communicate decisions in an efficient, friendly and professional manner.
* Supports and co-operates fully with colleagues to meet current and future business needs and to promote collaboration.
* Ability to work under pressure and within changing priorities.
Title: Senior Business Support Officer
Salary: £27.66 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Senior Property Services Officer (Repairs) on a temporary basis working for a housing association based in Croydon.
To work alongside the Asset Manager on the development and continuous improvement of all aspects of the property service teams repairs & maintenance function.
This will be a temporary position paying £30.74 per hour Umbrella.
* Provide a high quality, efficient, effective, and compliant office management administration service for the repairs function of the property services team.
* Monitor repairs contracts and contractors' data daily to ensure the delivery of excellent services that demonstrates that both quality and value for money is being delivered.
* Ensure WIP is managed to deliver SLA's to customers.
* To ensure robust contractor performance management which includes leading on meetings such as the high-profile jobs meeting and the Jeopardy and overdue jobs review meeting each week.
* Develop, implement, and manage robust administrative and clerical procedures including but not limited to contract administration, internal administration, invoicing, budget management, and data management.
* Develop, implement, and manage effective liaison with residents and contractors through various forums to assist the Asset Manager in delivering services that are designed against resident demand and meet departmental targets.
* Ensure that data entry for the Housing Management system, compliancy databases and asset database is accurate and timely so that records are fully maintained and constantly up to date.
* Review, interpret and challenge technical information supplied by third parties.
* Attend contract meetings and where required produce accurate and technical minutes.
* Audit, understand and interpret contractors' invoices ensuring charges are accurate and manage invoice disputes when they arise to ensure that the organisation is delivering value for money (VFM) and complying with corporate payment terms.
* Authorisation of invoices in accordance with standing orders and budgets, including service chargeable costs.
* Develop and maintain excellent file management of paper based and electronic systems and ensure property data is regularly and routinely input into the Property Services electronic database including but not limited to emails, contractor reports, quotes, and meeting notes.
* To plan the aims, objectives and priorities of the work area and communicate/delegate these effectively
* Provide excellent leadership by helping, motivating, and developing the team to deliver and perform to a high standard.
* To provide clear guidance, instruction, advice or coaching for team members.
* To manage, report and monitor team and individual performance, adhering to procedure for one-to-one reviews and appraisals.
* Proven track record and a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar repairs and maintenance role
* Excellent customer services skills with experience of efficiently and effectively handling customer enquiries and complaints either verbally, written (inc. email) or face to face. (A/I)
* Experienced in delivering the successful contract management of responsive repairs contracts.
* Knowledge of the statutory requirements for a property services team operating in the social housing sector
* A good level of knowledge of building systems, construction practices, related code/legislative requirements, and contract administration
* Knowledge of landlord's compliancy requirements and processes regarding Asbestos, Electrical, Gas Safety, Water Hygiene
* Able to interpret and understand building services reports and data
* Minimum 4 GCSEs Grade A-C or equivalent including English and Mathematics
* Good IT skills including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Projects, MS Reports and Asset Management Databases such as Estate Pro
* Good standard of numeracy and literacy
Title: Senior Property Services Officer (Repairs)
Salary: £30.74 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Neighbourhood Services Officer on a temporary basis working for a housing association based in Croydon.
To work as part of Neighbourhood Services to deliver an effective housing management service for our customer, in liaison with external agencies, partners and contractors.
This will be a temporary position paying £25.88 per hour Umbrella.
* Directly responsible for a defined multi-tenure patch providing an effective housing management service to our customers with excellent customer service.
* Responsible for keeping accurate records on the housing management services relating to this role, individual tenants and properties, and effective use of the electronic and file management systems in use.
* Responsible for the management of voids properties, including void inspections, organising and attending evictions, assessing nominations, sign ups, successful benefit applications, settling in visits, completion of relevant paperwork and working closely with the Neighbourhood Administrator and Income Recovery Officer to ensure all new tenancies start and are sustained successfully.
* Assist with the smooth delivery of any growth plans such as new build and stock transfers, including liaison with residents, partners, external organisations, developers, and colleagues. Attending site meetings or consultation meetings as appropriate and helping to embed new schemes.
* Manage a patch that includes different tenures and tenancies. Including social and affordable rent, starter, assured and fixed tenancies, contract managed stock for other RPs, shared ownership and leaseholders. To oversee any management agreements with other RPs where there are jointly shared sites.
* Ensuring close liaison with the Income Team, providing assistance when required on rent collection and arrears management, carried out in line with policy and procedure with effective recording of all stages electronically and on file. Promoting social and financial inclusion support services, working with the Welfare and Debt Advisor and external partners and agencies to ensure effective tenancy sustainment and help on issues arising from Welfare Reform and cost of living changes. On occasions to prepare court papers and present these at court
* Work as part of the Neighbourhood Services team to deliver services to all customers and provide assistance and cover as necessary. Ensuring representation at meetings and forums. Working with external partners or agencies and colleagues within and to ensure effective liaison and partnership working.
* Enforce tenancy agreements and take necessary actions where tenants breach their agreements in line with policy and procedure. To include fraud prevention and carry out tenancy audits and in liaison with external organisations or bodies.
* Deal effectively with reports of anti-social behaviour, working closely and jointly with external partners and agencies, monitoring cases to conclusion. As necessary to prepare evidence for legal processes and provide victim liaison.
* Experience of working in housing or social care environment
* Knowledge of the issues that affect social housing
* Understanding of allocation and void processes
* Understanding of implementing good housing management and estate management practices including health and safety compliance
* Understanding the different tenures and rent models that exist
* Knowledge of housing fraud, legislation, investigation and partnership working
* General understanding of rent arrears processes and legal processes for all tenancy breaches
Title: Neighbourhood Services Officer
Salary: £25.88 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Scheduler to join a housing association based in Croydon.
To be the first point of contact for scheduling enquiries. Liaising directly with all internal & external customers to solve problems using standard procedures in a timely, efficient & effective manner.
This will be a temporary position paying £17.42 per hour Umbrella.
* Act as the key leader for specific patches within the Scheduling Diary. Liaise directly with residents and operatives to book new appointments or follow on works and ensure that works are diagnosed and scheduled correctly to achieve a first time fix target and to improve productivity.
* Manage the repairs raised and administer any scheduling changes to the diary, identifying training needs within the Property Administration team and CSC and keeping residents updated.
* Deal with resident queries in relation to repairs that are escalated to the Direct Services admin team.
* Work closely with the Lead Technicians to ensure all repairs raised are attended to within the Service Level Agreements and KPI'S are met.
* Have control over appointments with residents and Contractors/DLO and ensure that these are met with the assistance of the Property Administration Team.
* Oversee all urgent and emergency jobs to ensure works are raised and completed by the Property Administration team, within target and relevant databases updated.
* To ensure that any dealings with residents and stakeholders are professional, friendly and effective.
* Ensure compliance with the business' financial procedures are followed for all jobs authorized and invoiced and that the average cost per property is in line with forecasted budget.
* Ensure maintenance procedures are up to date and are implemented and being followed by the CSC and the Property Administration Team.
Skills & Abilities:
* Experience of scheduling work in a maintenance environment
* Experience of delivering a front line
* Customer focussed service
* Experience of working in a housing management or maintenance environment
* Experience of working on an inner city, multi-cultural environment and working closely with tenants
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well
* Able to show an understanding of, and commitment to, high standards in: resident involvement, equal opportunities and customer care
Salary: £17.42 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy are working with a national Contractor to recruit a Resident Liaison Officer.
This will be covering postcodes across North and East London.
Please note, this position requires you to have access to your own vehicle and a Full UK's Drivers Licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of works programmes. Working closely with Contract Managers you will assist in resident consultation and involvement.
* Assisting in the management of resident consultation and involvement in planned works programmes, minimising disruption to residents whilst helping to ensure that the programme does not fall behind schedule and costs remain within budget
* Developing and delivering effective communication with residents, liaising closely with contractor staff to assist in the smooth running of the programmes and the ongoing building management
* Contribution to community engagement plans and initiatives to counter joblessness and financial exclusion
* Present previous experience of working within Social Housing or Local Government in a Resident Liaison/Community Engagement capacity
* Experience of supporting planned works programmes
* Experience of handling challenging and complex situations
* An effective communicator at all levels, you will be able to work pro actively and independently to deliver on tight time scales
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join an Excellent Housing Association based in East London on a Permanent Basis.
* Tenancy/lease management - Providing advice, managing requests, and acting where breaches of tenancy/lease conditions or changes in circumstances occur. This includes but not limited to death/succession; possession proceedings; squatting/abandonment
* ASB - Tackling and reducing the effects of anti-social behaviour, managing a caseload of anti-social behaviour cases to the point of closure or enforcement action. This includes case assessment; identifying solutions and acting; preparing cases for court action and representing the organisation at court and at evictions
* Tenancy audits /fraud - investigating unlawful subletting and taken the appropriate legal action
* Lettings - Taking ownership for all empty properties and subunits in a patch to minimise void periods.
* Ensure vulnerable residents are signposted to appropriate services and support to enable tenancy sustainment, providing basic advice on welfare benefits and support that is available
* Proactively seek residents' views to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction
* Support and promote the work of the community development team within the patch
* Actively promote, assist and encourage resident involvement attending relevant resident panels, walkabouts and meetings to address their issues of concern
* Investigate safeguarding concerns and refer to the Neighbourhood Operations Manger
* Engage with and involve residents in the management of their neighbourhood by carrying out regular estate inspections, identifying and resolving issues directly or in liaison with internal teams or other external agencies
* Deliver a programme of regular estate inspections
* Deal with service charge queries from tenants and leaseholders on the quality of services and service specifications
* Support the customer services team with technical advice to improve resolution at first point of contact
Skills and Knowledge:
* Up to date knowledge of legislation and good practice relevant to leasehold & housing management
* Understanding of service charge apportionment methods and service charges
* Ability to interpret leases, complex information, and management agreements
* Able to travel efficiently across the stock and attend evening meetings
* Highly developed interpersonal skills with approachability and flexibility
* Can manage own workload day-to-day, handling different projects simultaneously and working to conflicting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with different customers and at court when needed
* Developed relationship management or stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to influence, engage and manage conflict to resolution
* Organised, planned and able to prioritise competing demands
* Well-developed IT skills including experience of Microsoft office and the ability to proficiently use computerised databases