MMP Consultancy are working with a fantastic organisation based in Essex who are looking to recruit a Leasehold Income Officer on a fixed term basis.
* Manage a portfolio of service charge accounts, working to targets set by the Collections Manager
* Monitor individual accounts, determining and taking appropriate action to ensure that account holders pay service charges in accordance with the obligations under the lease
* Authorise and check payment plans
* Maintain contact with account holders through letter, email, telephone, or face to face as appropriate
* Advise the account holder on the legal and statutory basis of service charges as appropriate
* Instruct court/ recovery action as necessary
Key Knowledge & Experience:
* Good knowledge of leasehold issues, including but not limited to service charges, repairs and maintenance responsibilities, current law and legislation
* Broad knowledge and awareness of current issues and developments affecting the management of housing
* Experience in leasehold management and practice, or of arrears management
* Experience in working as part of a customer facing team, answering queries through a variety of channels within a customer focused organisation
* Experience of liaising with resident, homeowner, or comparable stakeholder groups
* Experience of working with property management and accounting IT systems
MMP Consultancy are looking for a Neighbourhood Officer to join a fantastic organisation based in Essex on a Temporary basis.
* Be visible and approachable, understand local issues, work collaboratively, and be the trusted face of organisational accountability for the quality of homes and services we provide
* Provide a wide range of tenancy services (including tenancy compliance and fraud; lettings, transfers and exchanges; anti-social behaviour)
* Build positive open and trusted relationships with elected members, residents' groups, local authority departments, the police and other key partners operating in your patch particularly on issues that require a multi-agency approach to resolution
* Ensure that in your work there is a clear focus on tackling non-compliance (including taking enforcement action including attending court proceedings) as well as supporting customers who need help to avoid tenancy failure
* Build relationships with new customers in your patch, including accompanied viewings and handovers; ensuring that all customers are aware of their contractual obligations and are supported in accessing their account and managing their tenancy transactions online
* Work to identify those customers at high risk of tenancy failure, prioritising support and where required procuring specialist advice and action through the tenancy support coordinator and money adviser services
* Work closely with the customer relations (access & support) team to deliver a streamlined onboarding of new customers including coordinating the availability and suitability of empty homes in the area
* Work collaboratively with the customer relations (independent living) team especially with scheme managers on your patch in relation to tenancy management issues in schemes
Key Knowledge & Experience:
* Very high customer service ethic
* Understands the needs and service requirements of customers and communities
* Good understanding of the application of relevant tenancy law and sanctions available
* God partnership working skills
* Decisive problem solver and decision maker
* Good inter-personal skills
* Ability to build excellent internal and external relationships
* Good IT skills and understanding of how digital services can help improve the customer experience
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Leasehold Officer on a temporary contract based in Essex.
The lease will be responsible for delivering a well-rounded management service to the organisations current homeowners and leaseholders.
* Work with colleagues and external consultants to ensure consultation required for the procurement of contracts is undertaken correctly and in a timely manner.
* Prepare applications to the First Tier Property Tribunal for dispensation from consultation where necessary.
* Prepare cases for Court, Mediation and Tribunals, attending and giving evidence where necessary.
* Maintain and update records of consultations used for reporting purposes.
* Liaison with staff, customers and other agencies as appropriate and in accordance with the agreed Customer Charter Standards.
* To provide reports and statistical information as required.
* To input data and update the computer systems as required.
* To deal with general correspondence, produce First Tier Property Tribunal reports, court papers and other relevant documentation as required.
* Attend Tribunal and Court hearings as required.
* To carry out any other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by the Home Ownership Manager.
* Acting at all times in accordance with the Associations published policies and procedures.
* Ensure that the requirements of the Data Protection Act are complied with in carrying out the duties of this post.
* Promote the Association in a positive manner.
MMP Consultancy are working with a national Contractor to recruit a Resident Liaison Officer.
This will be covering postcodes across North and East London.
Please note, this position requires you to have access to your own vehicle and a Full UK's Drivers Licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of works programmes. Working closely with Contract Managers you will assist in resident consultation and involvement.
* Assisting in the management of resident consultation and involvement in planned works programmes, minimising disruption to residents whilst helping to ensure that the programme does not fall behind schedule and costs remain within budget
* Developing and delivering effective communication with residents, liaising closely with contractor staff to assist in the smooth running of the programmes and the ongoing building management
* Contribution to community engagement plans and initiatives to counter joblessness and financial exclusion
* Present previous experience of working within Social Housing or Local Government in a Resident Liaison/Community Engagement capacity
* Experience of supporting planned works programmes
* Experience of handling challenging and complex situations
* An effective communicator at all levels, you will be able to work pro actively and independently to deliver on tight time scales
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join an Excellent Housing Association based in East London on a Permanent Basis.
* Tenancy/lease management - Providing advice, managing requests, and acting where breaches of tenancy/lease conditions or changes in circumstances occur. This includes but not limited to death/succession; possession proceedings; squatting/abandonment
* ASB - Tackling and reducing the effects of anti-social behaviour, managing a caseload of anti-social behaviour cases to the point of closure or enforcement action. This includes case assessment; identifying solutions and acting; preparing cases for court action and representing the organisation at court and at evictions
* Tenancy audits /fraud - investigating unlawful subletting and taken the appropriate legal action
* Lettings - Taking ownership for all empty properties and subunits in a patch to minimise void periods.
* Ensure vulnerable residents are signposted to appropriate services and support to enable tenancy sustainment, providing basic advice on welfare benefits and support that is available
* Proactively seek residents' views to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction
* Support and promote the work of the community development team within the patch
* Actively promote, assist and encourage resident involvement attending relevant resident panels, walkabouts and meetings to address their issues of concern
* Investigate safeguarding concerns and refer to the Neighbourhood Operations Manger
* Engage with and involve residents in the management of their neighbourhood by carrying out regular estate inspections, identifying and resolving issues directly or in liaison with internal teams or other external agencies
* Deliver a programme of regular estate inspections
* Deal with service charge queries from tenants and leaseholders on the quality of services and service specifications
* Support the customer services team with technical advice to improve resolution at first point of contact
Skills and Knowledge:
* Up to date knowledge of legislation and good practice relevant to leasehold & housing management
* Understanding of service charge apportionment methods and service charges
* Ability to interpret leases, complex information, and management agreements
* Able to travel efficiently across the stock and attend evening meetings
* Highly developed interpersonal skills with approachability and flexibility
* Can manage own workload day-to-day, handling different projects simultaneously and working to conflicting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with different customers and at court when needed
* Developed relationship management or stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to influence, engage and manage conflict to resolution
* Organised, planned and able to prioritise competing demands
* Well-developed IT skills including experience of Microsoft office and the ability to proficiently use computerised databases
Are you passionate about community-focused housing management? MMP Consultancy is partnering with a national Housing Association to recruit a dedicated Neighbourhood Response Officer on a temporary basis. As a Neighbourhood Officer, you will play a pivotal role in providing tailored housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents within designated neighbourhoods, ensuring their needs are met while upholding tenancy and lease conditions.
This position will be covering East London. However, you will be required to travel across North London to meet the residents, depending on the requirements of the organisation.
* Investigate breaches of tenancy, support more vulnerable customers and ensure that anti-social behaviour is addressed and prevented by working collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies.
* Deliver effective housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents, ensuring their needs are met within designated neighbourhoods.
* Serve as the primary point of contact, offering assistance and resolving queries promptly.
* Work with local partners such as safer neighbourhood teams, the voluntary sector and youth services on neighbourhood safety and ASB issues
* Visit customers who may require additional support and assess whether they require on going tenancy support.
* Conduct evictions, and attend stay hearings, attend court to represent the organisation.
* Conduct scheduled visits to tenants and leaseholders, addressing service requests and clarifying tenancy and lease terms.
* Assist in preparing legal cases and documentation for First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) proceedings when required.
* Ensure tenancies and leases are managed per agreements, addressing breaches according to policies.
* Prior experience as a Housing Officer or Neighbourhood Officer.
* Strong understanding of the social housing sector and relevant legislation.
* Current awareness of leasehold management and prevailing housing sector challenges.
* Full UK's Drivers Licence Preferred
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Support Worker to join an excellent Housing Association in North London.
* Work with the team to provide a consistent approach to the support that we give.
* Act as main point of contact for your key service users.
* Providing support to service users to make and attend appointments where necessary.
* Using your time available to keep up to date with all admin work including emails, reviews, and support plans.
* You will be working with colleagues, families (where applicable) and other professionals for the benefit of the service users
* You will keep up to date on regulatory changes and actively look at ways to develop yourself and the service.
What you will need:
* You will be working within a small team but being able to work on your own is very important. You will be supporting our service users to develop and learn which requires a creative and practical approach.
* You'll need to be confident with getting to know the service users and their families and the network of professionals that we liaise with.
* Your life experience and initiative are qualities that we need.
* You'll need to be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, you'll need to be able to write concise and accurate daily reports.
Please send me your most up to date CV if this is of interest to yourself!