New Vacancy: Operations Manager - Care Homes
Are you a dedicated and passionate individual with a desire to make a real impact on the lives of residents in care homes? We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to manage five care homes within the beautiful Buckinghamshire area.
* As Operations Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring the highest standards of care and service quality across our care homes. You'll be responsible for driving excellence and promoting a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of care home operations.
* Supporting the Quality Team in developing and implementing operational quality strategies and policies to ensure the highest levels of care are maintained.
* Identifying opportunities to enhance the financial performance of homes and services by improving occupancy, managing staff costs, and optimising service hours.
* Providing professional management of services and teams. This includes mentoring, developing, motivating, and coaching employees in the homes and services as directed by Senior Management.
* Ensuring that homes and services consistently achieve high levels of performance and meet key performance indicators (KPIs).
* Creating financial reports to identify profit and loss within the care homes.
* Active participation in operational and business meetings as required.
* Overseeing activities related to the promotion and marketing of the homes and services in the local community.
* Support home and service managers in utilising the facilities as a local resource and driving high occupancy rates among both private and local authority residents.
* Ensuring the successful delivery of a clear focus on driving improvements in quality. This includes formulating action plans with review processes to guarantee a positive impact.
* Regular monitoring, auditing, and reviewing of homes and services. You'll take appropriate corrective action when necessary, utilising internal quality assurance framework and audits via internal and external stakeholders.
* Participation in Safeguarding meetings to ensure the well-being and safety of our residents.
* Actively identifying and implementing new initiatives aimed at achieving CQC ratings of 'Good' or 'Outstanding'.
* Working closely with allocated teams to ensure an excellent standard of care is delivered in alignment with the standards set out by the company, CQC, Local Authority, and other relevant regulatory professional bodies.
* Previous experience in a management role within the care sector.
* Prior Home Manager registration
* Good working knowledge of CQC regulations, and relevant legislation e.g. Health & Social Care Act 2008, Care Act - Protection of Vulnerable Adults, and Mental Capacity Act
* QCF Level 5 in Management or similar
* Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and develop teams.
* A keen eye for financial performance, with experience in managing budgets.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory standards in the care sector.
* A commitment to improving the quality of care and services.
MMP Consultancy are working with a national Contractor to recruit a Resident Liaison Officer.
This will be covering postcodes across North and East London.
Please note, this position requires you to have access to your own vehicle and a Full UK's Drivers Licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of works programmes. Working closely with Contract Managers you will assist in resident consultation and involvement.
* Assisting in the management of resident consultation and involvement in planned works programmes, minimising disruption to residents whilst helping to ensure that the programme does not fall behind schedule and costs remain within budget
* Developing and delivering effective communication with residents, liaising closely with contractor staff to assist in the smooth running of the programmes and the ongoing building management
* Contribution to community engagement plans and initiatives to counter joblessness and financial exclusion
* Present previous experience of working within Social Housing or Local Government in a Resident Liaison/Community Engagement capacity
* Experience of supporting planned works programmes
* Experience of handling challenging and complex situations
* An effective communicator at all levels, you will be able to work pro actively and independently to deliver on tight time scales
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join an Excellent Housing Association based in East London on a Permanent Basis.
* Tenancy/lease management - Providing advice, managing requests, and acting where breaches of tenancy/lease conditions or changes in circumstances occur. This includes but not limited to death/succession; possession proceedings; squatting/abandonment
* ASB - Tackling and reducing the effects of anti-social behaviour, managing a caseload of anti-social behaviour cases to the point of closure or enforcement action. This includes case assessment; identifying solutions and acting; preparing cases for court action and representing the organisation at court and at evictions
* Tenancy audits /fraud - investigating unlawful subletting and taken the appropriate legal action
* Lettings - Taking ownership for all empty properties and subunits in a patch to minimise void periods.
* Ensure vulnerable residents are signposted to appropriate services and support to enable tenancy sustainment, providing basic advice on welfare benefits and support that is available
* Proactively seek residents' views to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction
* Support and promote the work of the community development team within the patch
* Actively promote, assist and encourage resident involvement attending relevant resident panels, walkabouts and meetings to address their issues of concern
* Investigate safeguarding concerns and refer to the Neighbourhood Operations Manger
* Engage with and involve residents in the management of their neighbourhood by carrying out regular estate inspections, identifying and resolving issues directly or in liaison with internal teams or other external agencies
* Deliver a programme of regular estate inspections
* Deal with service charge queries from tenants and leaseholders on the quality of services and service specifications
* Support the customer services team with technical advice to improve resolution at first point of contact
Skills and Knowledge:
* Up to date knowledge of legislation and good practice relevant to leasehold & housing management
* Understanding of service charge apportionment methods and service charges
* Ability to interpret leases, complex information, and management agreements
* Able to travel efficiently across the stock and attend evening meetings
* Highly developed interpersonal skills with approachability and flexibility
* Can manage own workload day-to-day, handling different projects simultaneously and working to conflicting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with different customers and at court when needed
* Developed relationship management or stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to influence, engage and manage conflict to resolution
* Organised, planned and able to prioritise competing demands
* Well-developed IT skills including experience of Microsoft office and the ability to proficiently use computerised databases
Are you passionate about community-focused housing management? MMP Consultancy is partnering with a national Housing Association to recruit a dedicated Neighbourhood Response Officer on a temporary basis. As a Neighbourhood Officer, you will play a pivotal role in providing tailored housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents within designated neighbourhoods, ensuring their needs are met while upholding tenancy and lease conditions.
This position will be covering East London. However, you will be required to travel across North London to meet the residents, depending on the requirements of the organisation.
* Investigate breaches of tenancy, support more vulnerable customers and ensure that anti-social behaviour is addressed and prevented by working collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies.
* Deliver effective housing management services to tenants, leaseholders, and residents, ensuring their needs are met within designated neighbourhoods.
* Serve as the primary point of contact, offering assistance and resolving queries promptly.
* Work with local partners such as safer neighbourhood teams, the voluntary sector and youth services on neighbourhood safety and ASB issues
* Visit customers who may require additional support and assess whether they require on going tenancy support.
* Conduct evictions, and attend stay hearings, attend court to represent the organisation.
* Conduct scheduled visits to tenants and leaseholders, addressing service requests and clarifying tenancy and lease terms.
* Assist in preparing legal cases and documentation for First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) proceedings when required.
* Ensure tenancies and leases are managed per agreements, addressing breaches according to policies.
* Prior experience as a Housing Officer or Neighbourhood Officer.
* Strong understanding of the social housing sector and relevant legislation.
* Current awareness of leasehold management and prevailing housing sector challenges.
* Full UK's Drivers Licence Preferred
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Support Worker to join an excellent Housing Association in North London.
* Work with the team to provide a consistent approach to the support that we give.
* Act as main point of contact for your key service users.
* Providing support to service users to make and attend appointments where necessary.
* Using your time available to keep up to date with all admin work including emails, reviews, and support plans.
* You will be working with colleagues, families (where applicable) and other professionals for the benefit of the service users
* You will keep up to date on regulatory changes and actively look at ways to develop yourself and the service.
What you will need:
* You will be working within a small team but being able to work on your own is very important. You will be supporting our service users to develop and learn which requires a creative and practical approach.
* You'll need to be confident with getting to know the service users and their families and the network of professionals that we liaise with.
* Your life experience and initiative are qualities that we need.
* You'll need to be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, you'll need to be able to write concise and accurate daily reports.
Please send me your most up to date CV if this is of interest to yourself!
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Senior Business Support Officer on a temporary basis working for a housing association based in Croydon.
To maintain office services by organising office operations and procedures. Work collaboratively with staff and management to ensure requirements are met and the office flows efficiently. Manage the reception area and service ensuring customer needs are met including second support cover on Reception.
This will be a temporary position paying £27.66 per hour Umbrella.
* To take the lead in running the office by planning, implementing, and maintaining systems and processes:
* Ensure the office is well organised and provides a safe working environment for employees and volunteers (including general monitoring of cleanliness and tidiness and responding in a timely manner to any issues which arise). Co-ordinate office cleaning/ clear outs in liaison with the Business Support Manager, dealing with correct usage of office filing/ space.
* Liaise with suppliers and research the procurement of goods and services and ensure the provision of office materials and equipment. Ensure working relationships are maintained. Review contracts regularly under the supervision of the Business Support Manager to ensure the organisation is regularly reviewing efficiencies.
* Organise the office archiving, overseeing the process and related administration. Manage and implement any changes working collaboratively with staff and management.
* To manage the environmental policy and procedure ensuring responsibilities are met.
* Improve efficiency of company recycling, minimise waste.
* Continuous improvement and encourage investment from all employees and suppliers
* To manage the Reception function, overseeing the staff and service and ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation.
* To manage the Receptionist and act as cover - being the first point of contact for customers & external organisations on our head office reception desk, ensuring effective liaison with internal and external colleagues.
* Be responsible for answering telephone enquiries, providing as much accurate information as possible.
* Meeting and greeting customers & guests following the relevant health and safety procedures.
* Keeping our IT systems up to date, leaving accurate information for others, helping to achieve targets and ultimately contributing to continuous improvement in customer satisfaction.
* Oversee and manage (under the supervision of the Business Support Manager) the corporate H&S requirements ensuring our staff are safe and risk is managed effectively.
* Manage the caution and awareness register including organising and attending the caution panel meetings and related administration to ensure all parties are made aware of changes
* Manage accidents and incidents internally (staff and guests) and externally (residents), conducting investigations, ensuring that actions are completed, producing reports and attending the Health and Safety Committee meetings.
* At least 2 years' experience in an Office Management/Facilities role
* Demonstrate experience and ability to deliver Office solutions across a broad range of areas including management of: contracts, supplies, equipment, record
* Strong planning, organisational and time management skills, including the ability to progress numerous initiatives and actions simultaneously, prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
* Able to use own initiative and communicate decisions in an efficient, friendly and professional manner.
* Supports and co-operates fully with colleagues to meet current and future business needs and to promote collaboration.
* Ability to work under pressure and within changing priorities.
Title: Senior Business Support Officer
Salary: £27.66 Umbrella
MMP Consultancy are looking to recruit a Senior Property Services Officer (Repairs) on a temporary basis working for a housing association based in Croydon.
To work alongside the Asset Manager on the development and continuous improvement of all aspects of the property service teams repairs & maintenance function.
This will be a temporary position paying £30.74 per hour Umbrella.
* Provide a high quality, efficient, effective, and compliant office management administration service for the repairs function of the property services team.
* Monitor repairs contracts and contractors' data daily to ensure the delivery of excellent services that demonstrates that both quality and value for money is being delivered.
* Ensure WIP is managed to deliver SLA's to customers.
* To ensure robust contractor performance management which includes leading on meetings such as the high-profile jobs meeting and the Jeopardy and overdue jobs review meeting each week.
* Develop, implement, and manage robust administrative and clerical procedures including but not limited to contract administration, internal administration, invoicing, budget management, and data management.
* Develop, implement, and manage effective liaison with residents and contractors through various forums to assist the Asset Manager in delivering services that are designed against resident demand and meet departmental targets.
* Ensure that data entry for the Housing Management system, compliancy databases and asset database is accurate and timely so that records are fully maintained and constantly up to date.
* Review, interpret and challenge technical information supplied by third parties.
* Attend contract meetings and where required produce accurate and technical minutes.
* Audit, understand and interpret contractors' invoices ensuring charges are accurate and manage invoice disputes when they arise to ensure that the organisation is delivering value for money (VFM) and complying with corporate payment terms.
* Authorisation of invoices in accordance with standing orders and budgets, including service chargeable costs.
* Develop and maintain excellent file management of paper based and electronic systems and ensure property data is regularly and routinely input into the Property Services electronic database including but not limited to emails, contractor reports, quotes, and meeting notes.
* To plan the aims, objectives and priorities of the work area and communicate/delegate these effectively
* Provide excellent leadership by helping, motivating, and developing the team to deliver and perform to a high standard.
* To provide clear guidance, instruction, advice or coaching for team members.
* To manage, report and monitor team and individual performance, adhering to procedure for one-to-one reviews and appraisals.
* Proven track record and a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar repairs and maintenance role
* Excellent customer services skills with experience of efficiently and effectively handling customer enquiries and complaints either verbally, written (inc. email) or face to face. (A/I)
* Experienced in delivering the successful contract management of responsive repairs contracts.
* Knowledge of the statutory requirements for a property services team operating in the social housing sector
* A good level of knowledge of building systems, construction practices, related code/legislative requirements, and contract administration
* Knowledge of landlord's compliancy requirements and processes regarding Asbestos, Electrical, Gas Safety, Water Hygiene
* Able to interpret and understand building services reports and data
* Minimum 4 GCSEs Grade A-C or equivalent including English and Mathematics
* Good IT skills including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Projects, MS Reports and Asset Management Databases such as Estate Pro
* Good standard of numeracy and literacy
Title: Senior Property Services Officer (Repairs)
Salary: £30.74 Umbrella